Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: snagging  (Read 7138 times)

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer
Re: snagging
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2015, 09:33:37 PM »

I think you have a fine point Flytech.

I think it's easy for people with a lot more knowledge to forget that they did not start out with that knowledge, and that they came by it by learning.

A lot of us newbies are open to advice, or outright seeking it.

The big difference is how any situation is approached, in the interpersonal aspect. If your opening gambit is a barky snipe, it's not likely that the rest of the conversation will go smoothly or convince anyone to change their habits. Otoh, if you're cool and collected, and your approach is neutral and informative, many will appreciate the guidance.

In a growing population, it's inevitable that the banks and boats will be filled with people like me, who want to, but don't, but are trying to know. I always appreciate tips.

Ideally, every trip would be a guided trip, but the $ ain't there for it, so you just have to wade in, keep your eyes and ears open, and observe as best you can.

The people who just don't give a hang will be pretty obvious, and there's not much you can do to change people like that, precisely because they don't give a hang.