Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: British Columbia COVID - 19 Immunization Plan & Registration:  (Read 61462 times)

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
Re: British Columbia COVID - 19 Immunization Plan & Registration:
« Reply #270 on: October 14, 2021, 05:12:11 PM »

I currently know two double vaxxed people who are sick as a dog with Covid. So I just don’t know anymore. For what it’s worth I am double vaxxed.

My boss recently died from covid and he was double dosed. The holes in this vaccine are starting to show. It's what many whistle blows said at the beginning of the rollout. It doesn't work AND it causes ADE. YOULL need a booster for the rest of your life since the shot kills your immune system and you become dependent on a vaccine that doesn't work.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #271 on: October 14, 2021, 05:33:10 PM »

My boss recently died from covid and he was double dosed. The holes in this vaccine are starting to show. It's what many whistle blows said at the beginning of the rollout. It doesn't work AND it causes ADE. YOULL need a booster for the rest of your life since the shot kills your immune system and you become dependent on a vaccine that doesn't work.
Sorry about the death of your boss.

And there is a substantial body of reliable data/studies to show that the COVID-19 vaccine does not "kill" your immune system or cause ADE.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #272 on: October 14, 2021, 06:04:26 PM »

Likewise, Hike and Fish very sorry to hear about the death of your boss. I know of a few people who caught Covid despite being fully vaccinate. As mentioned in a previous post my wife's Uncle died from his 2nd go 'round with covid. however he was over 100 years old with some serious underlying health issues.

ADE; Anti-body Dependent Enhancement - "ADE is when a disease is made worse or more severe in a person who was already exposed to the virus through a previous infection or vaccination compared to people who were never exposed or vaccinated."

currently according to most conventional sources little or no evidence that associates ADE with previous infections of Covid19 or any cOVID19 vaccine:

So far there have been no verified reports of ADE occurring as a result of COVID-19 vaccines.

ADE is when a disease is made worse or more severe in a person who was already exposed to the virus through a previous infection or vaccination compared to people who were never exposed or vaccinated.

ADE has been seen in the past with virus and vaccine responses:

Dengue fever and its 2016 vaccine deployment in the Philippines
    Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) vaccine trials on children in the United States (U.S.) in 1967
    A now-rejected vaccine developed for measles in the U.S. in the 1960s.

In the process of making COVID-19 vaccines, scientists developed vaccine strategies around avoiding ADE. These include:

Specifically targeting a SARS-CoV-2 protein that was the least likely to cause ADE in early vaccine design
    Designing animal studies to search for ADE after vaccination
    Evaluating human and clinical trial patients for the condition
    Searching real world COVID-19 vaccine data for cases

from: https://health-desk.org/articles/are-covid-19-vaccines-causing-antibody-dependent-enhancement

other sources:

https://immunizebc.ca/ask-us/questions/do-mrna-vaccines-cause-antibody-dependent-enhancement-ade-covid-19-disease

Antibody-dependent enhancement (ADE) has not been identified as a concern related to SARS-CoV-2 infection or following COVID-19 vaccination. Here are reasons indicating why ADE will not be a concern:

First, most people have been infected with other coronaviruses in their lifetime, and ADE has not been identified as a result of these infections.
    Second, in human studies, people previously infected with coronavirus were infected with different types of coronavirus, and they did not experience enhanced disease.
    Third, experimental animals vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2 did not develop enhanced disease when challenged, or infected, with the virus.
    Finally, when people with COVID-19 received plasma containing SARS-CoV-2 antibodies, they did not experience enhanced disease.

For these reasons, ADE is not expected to be a concern for SARS-CoV-2 infections or vaccination.

the scientific Journal Nature outlines in technical language used to reduce any chance of ADE development from Covid vaccines.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41564-020-00789-5
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 06:07:58 PM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #273 on: December 02, 2021, 11:22:13 AM »

Unvaccinated migrants being welcomed into Canada at Roxham Road

The Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) has confirmed to True North that unvaccinated illegal border crossings are being allowed at Roxham Road, Quebec.

According to CBSA spokesperson Sandra Boudreau, the Canadian government is accepting asylum and refugee claims “regardless of their vaccination status.”

https://tnc.news/2021/12/01/unvaccinated-migrants-being-welcomed-into-canada-at-roxham-road/

Roderick

« Reply #274 on: December 13, 2021, 02:33:45 PM »

Well, it looks like omicron is only susceptible to about 2.5-3% of the antibodies we produce to the current vaccine.  Fortunately a third shot boosts antibody levels by about 25 times the levels of a second shot, giving something like a 70% chance of immunity to symptomatic infection.

In the meantime omicron spreads exponentially, and we wait for a omicron specific booster.  By which time there, of course, will be a new variant of concern.  Looks like boosters every 6 months. 

:-\
You shoulda been here yesterday.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #275 on: December 13, 2021, 02:40:51 PM »

Well, it looks like omicron is only susceptible to about 2.5-3% of the antibodies we produce to the current vaccine.  Fortunately a third shot boosts antibody levels by about 25 times the levels of a second shot, giving something like a 70% chance of immunity to symptomatic infection.

In the meantime omicron spreads exponentially, and we wait for a omicron specific booster.  By which time there, of course, will be a new variant of concern.  Looks like boosters every 6 months. 

:-\

Apparently this event is what caused the WHO to list this a a Variant of Concern.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/03/world/omicron-norway-christmas-party.html

Oslo Norway Party

Around half of the people who attended an office Christmas party in Oslo, where only vaccinated employees were admitted, have tested positive for the coronavirus after one guest recently returned from South Africa was found to carry the new Omicron variant, local health authorities said on Friday.

More than 120 people attended the event, held a week ago by a solar power company. Of the positive tests sequenced so far, between 15 and 20 were likely to be the Omicron variant, according to Dr. Tine Ravlo, a local chief physician involved in tracking the outbreak, who added that not all of the 60 coronavirus cases found so far had yet been fully checked for the variant.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2300503-omicron-variant-may-make-christmas-party-infection-risk-much-higher/

One of the events was a party at a restaurant in Oslo, Norway. Around 70 of the 120 people who attended the party were infected, as were another 50 people at the restaurant. Omicron has been confirmed by sequencing in 13 cases so far.

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article/2300503-omicron-variant-may-make-christmas-party-infection-risk-much-higher/#ixzz7EyBW4QVj

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #276 on: January 01, 2022, 02:48:04 PM »

Dr. Robert Malone. The self acclaimed "inventor" of the mRNA technology.
Double Vaxxed. Scheduled for his booster already.
Yet vehemently opposed publicly to his supposed own achievements.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2021/08/robert-malone-vaccine-inventor-vaccine-skeptic/619734/

You can't make this chit up...   ;D

Nog

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #277 on: January 02, 2022, 01:56:11 PM »

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2021/08/robert-malone-vaccine-inventor-vaccine-skeptic/619734/

Good read, thanks for the link! Malone seems like just another charlatan willing to sell his soul for fame, Twitter followers, and paid podcast appearances. Hopefully he'll fade back into irrelevance as COVID eventually dies down.

Unrelated, but I get strong Wiebo Ludwig vibes from this guy, based partly on his appearance and partly on his headstrong, adversarial outlook on the world. There's a book about Ludwig, Saboteurs, that's quite good.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #278 on: January 05, 2022, 09:25:32 PM »

You can't make this chit up...   ;D

Nog

Lamo The Atlantic. Awh yes. The prestigious Atlantic. The outlet that never spread misinformation and fake news. Oh no. Never. Sorry Noggan but when someone uses the Atlantic as a source of fact, I must pipe up. Put the kool-aid down before you drop.

You people and your vaccines are halarious. I said it back when this whole thing started and you didn't believe me. I'll say it again. It's never going away and if you still think governments are flying by the seat of their pants and doing their best you're still a fool.

Made in a lab in China with the aid of the USA. NEVER GOING AWAY, ITS HERE TO STAY. They have varrients on top of varrients all used to spook you into taking whatever shot they have so they can keep closing in on your privacy. If you don't see that now..... you're a lost cause.

Good bye !
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 09:29:51 PM by Hike_and_fish »

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #279 on: January 12, 2022, 05:56:04 PM »

Got my booster last week in Cloverdale. Made it just before the big snowfall started that evening and the place was quite busy. Glad to see so many kids there too!

Took about 40 mins to get the shot after getting in line. Felt a little nauseous on and off for the next 36 hours but wasn't too bad. I didn't have any side effects from the first shot but got a fever and felt crappy after the second. All three shots were Moderna FWIW.

Noticed that CBC today stopped reporting the number of new cases and instead are only reporting changes in hospitalizations and deaths. Fauci's said that most people are going to catch it during this wave so I guess the number of new cases isn't a good indicator of much anymore.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #280 on: January 12, 2022, 06:29:15 PM »

Got my booster on the 5th so it's week ago and my immunity should be nicely boosted!  No real side effects other than the usual soreness around the injection site. Pfizer 3x. I am walking and talking like Bill Gates now & soon will be his doppelganger! ;D
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #283 on: January 13, 2022, 10:13:07 PM »

Got my booster on the 5th so it's week ago and my immunity should be nicely boosted!  No real side effects other than the usual soreness around the injection site. Pfizer 3x. I am walking and talking like Bill Gates now & soon will be his doppelganger! ;D

Great to hear! Hope you stay safe.

We may be headed towards functional shutdowns at my workplace due to COVID infections. It's a strange and stressful time but we'll see how it plays out.

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #284 on: January 14, 2022, 05:05:17 AM »

Here’s what I think for what it’s worth. Whether you’re for or against the vaccine you should definitely have the choice. It’s the division between family, friends etc that is horrible. When either side starts referring to each other as “you people” that’s no good.
Here’s what I know. I am double vaxxed and got Covid two weeks ago. It amounted to nothing more than a mild cold. My wife who is immune compromised is triple vaxxed did not get it, not even a single symptom. Was it the vaccine that helped ? I’d like to think so but it’s just my opinion.