Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Walmsley Lake  (Read 4650 times)

Troy_604

Walmsley Lake
« on: January 03, 2007, 07:27:16 PM »

Does anyone have directions to this lake?  What else are in there besides bass? :)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Walmsley Lake
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 07:31:11 PM »

More bass ;)

Take the Clearbrook Rd exit and than head south. Follow the road about 1.5miles and make a right on Walmsley Rd. The park is called Albert Dyck Park. Biggest I have ever gottnen out of there is about 2lbs. Bass fishing is slow this time of year.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Troy_604

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 08:36:26 PM »

thanks!  im itchy to catch one, iv never fished for bass before.  is it true they're in the salmon river in langley too? 

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 10:22:37 PM »

As far as I know they are. If you are new to bass fishing their are a few things you should know if you dont know already. They are an alien species. They were dumped here by the bucket brigade. Currently their is a limit of 4 per day which some people abide by and some of those who dont. Many of us ( including myself ) believe their should be no limit on this species as they are known to eat salmonoids. They are predators and eat anything that is the same size or smaller than themselves. They have even migrated to the Fraser River ( knew someone who caught one in there ) the Pitt River, and the Stave River, all rivers which have big populations of salmon, and trout. Their are some of us who are trying to get the regulations changed and hopefully we can do that.

Many people frown upon even the thought of fishing for this species. I do not frown upon it and kill as many as I catch. ( within the legal limit of course ;) )

Walmsley Lake is a man made lake which has no feeder system. This type of lake is perfect for bass as they cannot get into other systems. Their are also bass lakes on Vancouver Island that are well known for their bass. Here in the Lower Mainland Walmsley is the only lake I know of that is accepted as a place for bass.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Troy_604

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 07:54:49 AM »

awsome, thanks for the info.  i was reading a little bit about the bass eating the trouts food supply, and about how they are going to kill the salmon too.  maybe instead of walmsley lake, i should try sturgeon creek and stave, just to do my part ;D

should i be using a plastic worm and a bullet style sinker?