Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cap no more bait ban?  (Read 7889 times)

Straight Runner

Re: Cap no more bait ban?
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2005, 12:13:37 AM »

Dont let it bother you Floater. We still like having you around. It would be duller without you.

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2005, 02:20:52 PM »

Yes yes rodney point taken but i think you assume too much. I have read the regulations for the cap a bit back and i did know them in the back of my head but wasant sure about a few details. All the responses i got were exactly what i remembered so i could take the second hand information. I also think you are making a bid deal out of this especially questioning my works ethics. Thats getting a little too personal.
[

No_way

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2005, 02:33:27 PM »

DING! DING!  Fighters return to your corners.  ::)

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2005, 02:52:53 PM »

Fights over! but that wound will never heal mentioning personal stuff over NOTHING!
[

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2005, 03:17:43 PM »

Personal? There's nothing personal on the items that I brought up. It's not personal as I don't know you. My previous post already indicated that your personal life is not being assumed and judged in this case, but if you choose to interpreted that way then I can't help ya.

You misinterpreted my reply by thinking that I am generalizing your overall way of life as a lazy one.

How you conduct yourself in your everyday life is your own business, but when I see an action that may jeopardize the fish and angling sector, I'll point it out. what's there to be hurt about? Take them as advices, just like I have done when someone points out my own flaws in the past. You learn as you go along.

The words may seem harsh, but let's look at this from a different perspective. I don't type up all that spew just for the sake of argument. The previous post probably took a good 20 minutes to finish. Why do I bother to stir things up and possibly drive people away from my own forum (basically risking my own business) by pointing out your wrongs? I could have simply left it as it is, assuming that you have no hope in the learning department and get on with my life. In this case, I chose otherwise. Because you have come here and let the cyber fishing community (you will be very surprised to know who actually read these forums in the industry) know where you are working now, you should be a bit more careful on how you conduct yourself when it comes to regulations. You will have a stronger influence because you will come in contact with more anglers than many others. Therefore I thought it was important to point that out.

I have read the regulations for the cap a bit back and i did know them in the back of my head but wasant sure about a few details. All the responses i got were exactly what i remembered so i could take the second hand information.

That wasn't the point. Although the regulations that others told you were exactly what you thought they would be, you should have read them first hand yourself. Instead, you were "Too lazy to look this up but allowe me to take another guess". That comment really ticked me off last night because it came from someone who has questioned DFO's ability to enforce. It ticked me off because I firmly believe this resource can only get better if both parties (anglers and DFO) work together and do their jobs.

Would you rather have a customer storming back to the store and yelling at you for providing the wrong regulations? Or would you want to take the points now and read it yourself instead of second guessing?

It's not a popularity/pissing contest. If this forum loses members when the moderators become outspoken on a particular issue then that's the price I will pay. If it makes 20 more people aware of the regulations before heading out, then I am getting my money worth.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 03:20:58 PM by Rodney »

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2005, 04:02:05 PM »

Yes Yes rodney as allways your right. That being said i still think im allways the one who you seem to take this forums frustrations out on just like the times before that im sure you remember so no point mentioning it. I dont know if you just think im ignorant and arrogant because im young, or if you really think im the only one who couses problems on this forum.
[

HARLEY

• flyfishing
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2005, 07:30:30 PM »

Hey Guys Welcome To The Main Event--This sounds just like me and another person on another forum-Way To Go-Sure hope that my spelling is OK-I would really hate to get anyone excited-Hope I didn`t ofend anyone!

harley

Nina

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2005, 10:49:37 PM »

Yes Yes rodney as allways your right. That being said i still think im allways the one who you seem to take this forums frustrations out on just like the times before that im sure you remember so no point mentioning it. I dont know if you just think im ignorant and arrogant because im young, or if you really think im the only one who couses problems on this forum.

Rodney is not out to get you, but because you seem a bit more outspoken than most, you end up taking the heat. Let it roll off your back and take it as a learning experience. You seem willing to learn and have become better at expressing your opinions in the short time you have been on the forum. I think that is great.   :)

Just remember that everything you say has consequences and you have to be able to deal with that too.

Besides, I know how you feel, I hate arguing with Rodney. See, what I have to put up with?  ::)  ;D

phatwop

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2005, 10:57:42 PM »

Yes yes rodney point taken but i think you assume too much. I have read the regulations for the cap a bit back and i did know them in the back of my head but wasant sure about a few details. All the responses i got were exactly what i remembered so i could take the second hand information. I also think you are making a bid deal out of this especially questioning my works ethics. Thats getting a little too personal.

Just stick to first hand info and you will do alright. second hand info has to be taken carefully.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2005, 10:57:45 PM »

you should dump rod and go out with TroutSlayer. he wants you. lmao.

Nina

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2005, 12:00:20 AM »

I'll consider it  ;)

I know troutslayer has a thing for older women  ;D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 12:42:01 AM by Nina »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2005, 12:06:11 AM »

::)

mooch

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2005, 01:22:51 PM »

Rod is right on. You could easily have looked up the reg in the 20 minutes that you waited for others to reply to your lazy my friend questions. Before you spilled the beans on working at A&N you were simply known amongst my buds as that goofy guy, but after this you're known as the goof who works at A&N. You need to take a lesson from allwaysfishin' and the fellow from Reaction tackles and represent your woirk place with dignity and professionalism. You really have to watch what you post because everyone knows you are now associated with A&N.

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2005, 01:50:04 PM »

Mooch i think you forget when i come home after i punch out im no longer representing A&N. Also you can tell your buds i could care less if they think of me as the goofy guy. You and them are just proving my point of being ignorant and judging a person without even knowing him. Do you really think you know me from posting on a forum i laugh at that.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 01:52:43 PM by Floater »
[

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2005, 05:03:15 PM »

Are you not aware of the people who have been fired due to their blogs in North America?