Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Loon, Blaney, Jacobs and Goose lakes....  (Read 7922 times)

vandenhooff

Loon, Blaney, Jacobs and Goose lakes....
« on: July 09, 2010, 12:24:40 AM »

Loon, Blaney, Jacobs and Goose lakes, any one fish these? There in north east Pitt Meadows. Look accessible and river fed.

Thanks

Bavarian Raven

Re: Loon, Blaney, Jacobs and Goose lakes....
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 07:10:31 AM »

you arent allowed to fish in the research forest. :-\ (but there are fish in there ::))

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 10:56:36 PM »

All barren, or close to it the water in those lake is very acidic. I know this because about twelve years ago Randy the Hatch Match'r looked at the possibility of doing fly fishing schools up there (U B C research Forest) for U B C.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

vandenhooff

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 09:45:12 AM »

thanks guys. I knew UBC had a facility up - you book rooms and stay over - I figured fishing might be allowed too. I love trying my luck at little lakes like those.

Are there similar lakes in the lower mainland (not including buntzen, deer, lafarge... i.e. any of the high-traffic community lakes) where shore casting is worth while - don't have a boat/kayak?

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 12:55:36 PM »

Are there similar lakes in the lower mainland (not including buntzen, deer, lafarge... i.e. any of the high-traffic community lakes) where shore casting is worth while - don't have a boat/kayak?

mouth of the coquitlam river (while not a lake ^^) is a good spot to try shore casting. como lake if you want to catch stocked trout. belcarra shoreline if you want to try salt water fishing...

and its a shame about the research forest (having read and studied some of the studies done there), there are ALOT of fish in the forest. but they dont want the stocks touched because of the ongoing research  :-\

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 07:59:44 PM »

Conflicting reports here. The staff Randy and I had contact with told us all but Goose were next to barren. low nutrient load and high acidity, lots of granite and skunk cabbage.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"