Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Getting a u-tube, what would you recommend?  (Read 7888 times)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Getting a u-tube, what would you recommend?
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2007, 08:30:49 PM »

Why drag your knackers around the lake in a non responsive quasi inner tube.

Unless your trying for fertility I'd get one of these.

I like this idea...

I am looking for something to haul up to alpine lakes....  and this makes sense!  Can I get more details Troutbreath, of is it a simple inflatable kayak.  I have a canoe for larger lakes and am simply looking for a light weight solution for small lakes.

Please let me know!

http://www.mec.ca/Search/search.jsp?BRAND%3C%3Ename=Innova&bmForm=brands&bmFormID=1174446868904&bmUID=1174446868905

The boat ways 24 lbs and is pricy but good Czech quality. Sevlor makes the Tahiti which ways about the same costs about quarter of the price but tends to rip on the inseam and is not near as durable. Others available as well, I forget the brand I had many years ago but we liked just paddling around in them without fishing.Army and Navy usually have some inflatables as well as other stores. Remember your not facing back on a kayak so trolling is a little difficult. I now favour the cheapo two person inflatible raft for alpine fishing or hiking though. You face backwards and the whole set up is light. They row well when you get the hang of them. 
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?