Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sea cucumber  (Read 15590 times)

aquaboy24

• Old Timer
  • Nuclear Fishin'
Re:Sea cucumber
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2004, 11:13:32 AM »

when I am diving....I have seen fish take a dump...then I have seen sea cucumbers devour it......no thanks.....not big into eating recylcers....

You don't make friends with salad.

Koho

• I'm an alpaca!
Re:Sea cucumber
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2004, 12:17:50 PM »

I shouldn't have read this post while eating my lunch  :P :-X
"I'm having fish tonight!"  -Bruce, the Shark in Finding Nemo.

LukeYVR

• I'm a llama lover..
Re: Sea cucumber
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2004, 09:38:11 PM »

Back in Japan, my friend's dad is a Sushi Restaurant owner.
He keeps a bucket of live sea cucues.  He pours on the intestine juice on them, then they poo in unison.  :o     He collects ejected intestines and pickle 'em in rice vinegar & soy source and serve..  Saki drinkers love 'em.  About C$10.00 each serving.
I couldn't eat it.

A cute small eel live inside a s.cucumber.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2004, 11:34:22 PM »

omg Luke, that's too graphic! :o :-\
So let me get this right, they pickled the intestine? or the intestine-less sea cucumbers?!

LukeYVR

• I'm a llama lover..
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2004, 04:31:27 PM »

So let me get this right, they pickled the intestine? or the intestine-less sea cucumbers?!

Yes, pickled intestine. ( Sunomono.)
I'm sure they don't poop everything, and don't know how long it takes to regenerate in order to poop again, though.  ;D

fishingbuddha

• Fishingbuddha
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2005, 10:38:17 PM »

i have worked many jobs but the one job i couldn't handle was working at a fish cannery butchering sea cucumbers. apparently there is a big market for this product. i lasted only two days because, first of all these critters really stank. especially when thousands have been sitting in totes for a long time. second, when you butcher them you actually split them in half, clip one end onto a clip board like cutting board and then you scrap the insides out. i never tasted sea cucumber but they way this company prepared it was drying it out and turning it into a beef jerky type product.  as for me the best way to describe it is that it smelt like *&$%, and when you butchered these critters it was like splitting open someone's ##$@ and scrapping the inside out of it.  not very appealing, hence i only lasted two days at that job.
some things were just not meant to be eaten.

fishing buddha
I hope that when i die, my wife doesn't sell all my fishing equipment for what i told her i bought it for!