Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cates Aug 16 morning  (Read 2913 times)

Headshake

Cates Aug 16 morning
« on: August 16, 2007, 02:31:27 PM »

Went to Cates from 6am to 8am. 15 people, 5 boats and only 3 fish caught. Of the fish, one was a beautiful hatchery coho weighed on the beach at 8lbs.
One other small coho caught that was wild and released. One pink for the beach guys and one for the boats.

All in all a lovely morning with fresh air, nice sunrise, but the fishing was relatively slow. Very nice fishermen around though and the spirit of the event was light and fun.

See you tommorrow.
I'ts either a fish or the bottom!

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
Re: Cates Aug 16 morning
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 03:30:47 PM »

All you need is a fish finder and a boat, and you'll be able to track them down...

Best part is you'll have the fish all to yourself ;)

Good luck!
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

allwaysfishin

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 11:52:02 AM »

is there a boat launch at Cates? I know the one at rocky point in poco and it's not too far of a burn from there to cates and i guess there is ambleside as well. Might go hit it today or tomorrow with the boat.

Zpg

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 12:07:34 PM »

is there a boat launch at Cates? I know the one at rocky point in poco and it's not too far of a burn from there to cates and i guess there is ambleside as well. Might go hit it today or tomorrow with the boat.

There is a very nice launch at Cates. Price is $8.00 and I think you can access it anytime after 6:00am. If you want to arrive before 6:00am you might want to call the district of NV to find out for sure.
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright

glx

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 12:25:39 PM »

price is 12 bucks

2slow

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 12:54:22 PM »

12.00 to park in the lot   the launch is free

allwaysfishin

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 12:58:41 PM »

hey, thanx guys.
My boat is hard to miss, she's a white on black 16foot f/g .... Black Swan
I'll prolly be fishing solo so come say hi if you see me launching..... i may have room for 1  ;)

Zpg

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 01:04:31 PM »

price is 12 bucks

Thanks for the correction....been launching all over the place lately and I'm getting mixed up on the $$ :D
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright

Nikko

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 01:12:42 PM »

actually it's $12 to launch - they re-worded the sign this year. And if you pay $12 to launch, parking is free :)

Nikko

2slow

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 01:25:22 PM »

hmmm now I have to go read the sign again to make sure I am not doing something else wrong too  :) I purchased the 120.00 dollar pass from the district this year on the assumption I would be out there more than 10 times -----  not working out so far

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 04:29:33 PM »

Ill be out that way tomorrow morning. I think im gonna go pic up my prawn trap too :)
weeeeeeeeeow!

emac

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 08:12:29 PM »

Hit Cates the last two nights for a couple hours after work and didn't see one fish landed on boat or shore.  Some fish are still around but they don't seem to be too interested in biting.

David_R

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2007, 09:40:03 AM »

I was out on friday night for a bit and saw two fish landed from boat, and one guy leaving from shore who had caught one as well.

The fish were jumping all along the shoreline it was great fun, didn't catch anything but still exciting to see all the fish jumping around.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, when I pulled up my anchor it had become entagled in what looked to be about 20lb test line, I pulled up the line and ended up with a nice new pink buzz bomb w/ bead and hook still on it. Makes up for the ones I've lost shorefishing this year, ah the sea giveth and taketh ;)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 02:49:26 PM by David_R »