Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What will you do when there is no more salmon retention in the LML?  (Read 9846 times)

milo

• Old Timer
Re: What will you do when there is no more salmon retention in the LML?
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2017, 01:03:04 PM »

Caught in the act. With no retort. Nice job committing a crime against fishery act.   Chiefs sure the hell are ralphyboy,,,look into it, ,milo show me medical documentation that first nations metabolism is salmon dependant?   Please I'm kinda astounded by that one as well

The link with that information is posted in one of my comments. Take your racial blinders off and read it.
And this is my last direct reply to you. I don't waste my precious time dealing with bigots.

Where can I get gifted some fish?Im having a BBQ
Make some fast friends in the commercial and aboriginal sectors.  :P
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 02:09:00 PM by milo »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2017, 05:02:21 PM »

My guess is that any FN that are sold are immediately bought for the local restaurant trade.

Which is great cause Sunday I'm off to one of the best seafood houses in the city!
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Dogbreath

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2017, 07:05:18 PM »

The past 20+ years have seen my freshwater trips locally winnowed down to two or maybe three a year I predicted the present state of affairs long before the century turned and was excoriated online-now it has come to pass.

So for the past number of year I've saved my money and done various salt trips-Salmon, Tuna, Halibut and some International as well-easy enough for an old single guy but younger ones with families have my sympathies.

Birkenhead

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2017, 12:22:50 PM »

If there's ongoing fulltime closure on all salmon I'd admit local fishing as an activity is done for me. I love the interior but realistically how many of us can do more than a couple weeklong interior trips in a year. Most people have jobs and families, hence time and $ restraints.

Fortunately, for some people like me, I have a great job with a lot of vacation days per year and the kids are now in their early 20's and on their own, so the interior is perfect for me.

Even so, there are great fishing lakes and rivers within a few hours drive or less from the LML that do not require a week long commitment to fish.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2017, 02:04:55 PM »

What are you guys planning on doing when salmon retention opportunities are gone? Are you cool with catch and release only?
I doubt my fishing habits will change much. Fishing for salmon only occupies my thinking for 3-4 mos of the year. There's lots of other finned prey that I am quite happy to pursue. A complete closure of salmon fishing? Then finally I'll have the opportunity to take up fishing the Skagit more or hunting,  both of which I would enjoy were it not for my relentless pursuit of coho.

Fortunately, for some people like me, I have a great job with a lot of vacation days per year and the kids are now in their early 20's and on their own, so the interior is perfect for me.

This is my first year to revel in that same stage of life. My youngest graduated from high school last year so no longer are my vacation days needed for school vacation periods. I get a generous amount of vacation entitlement, my wife gets half of what I do, so daddy suddenly has several weeks of vacation time to use at his discretion. And his discretion is fishing😀