Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishing in the dark  (Read 20224 times)

skaha

• Old Timer
Re: Fishing in the dark
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 07:04:13 AM »

--Summer Lac La Jeune night hatches on a full moon.... one of most memorable fishing experiences and difficult to replicate
--Larger fish get very brave at night and willing to take a dry... I use bi-visibles and site cast to rising fish... 

--Interior lakes can get very warm daytime surface temps so downrigger fishing during the day but cooler night temps can bring fish up to feed on near surface mysis shrimp.

--Some interior lakes its the only time to avoid water ski and wake boarders... except for the drunk ones that can be a hazard as well... at least fewer of them. 

clujalolo

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2012, 05:58:08 PM »

Anybody do any night fishing on any river for salmon? Anything you reccomnend as for lures? Will anything work, or should it be a glow in the dark for the fish to see easier. I would be using more spinners than anything. But i mean ill use anything.

Any ideas/suggestion would be much appriciated, i would like to go one of these nights to the Cap when its a nice clear evening.

lude98r

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2012, 08:10:49 PM »

I dont think you can fish for salmon between 1 hour after sunset to 1 hour before sunrise on BC rivers.

Brook Trout

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 08:57:15 PM »

--Summer Lac La Jeune night hatches on a full moon.... one of most memorable fishing experiences and difficult to replicate 

x2 this is the time! :)

clujalolo

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 09:58:26 PM »

I was actually going to fish below the train bridge, thats considered tidal waters so if im not mistaken, your allowed to fish at night. And the capilano doesnt say anywhere your not allowed to fish at night but im still looking into it.