Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stewart BC  (Read 4287 times)

Driller

• Keeping it real.
Stewart BC
« on: June 12, 2012, 12:13:57 PM »

Heading up to Stewart BC in a couple of weeks.  Anyone ever fished up there for salmon in the rivers? 
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Rayne

Re: Stewart BC
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 09:11:01 AM »

Used to fish out at kitwanga, skeena, bulkley, kitimat, kalum,etc.. Until I moved down here 3 years ago. So depending when your up there you'll probably be in fish heaven. I d try the Nass system though it might be a bit early (july is prime on the skeena for HUGE springs) I know kitimat gets a good June run of chrome monster springs. Oh ya the cranberry is close but I think a bit later of a run.. Where you turn at the junction to go up to stewart/hyder is kitwanga river that flows into the skeena if the level is low enough in the skeena that area is worth stopping for a fish. Also the mouth of the bulkley is a popular place to bar fish. I don't really wanna post specific spots online for many reasons but there's tons of area up there you should have a blast. Where you can, use ROE big globs I ve seen a 62 lb spring caught on a chunk the size of my fist. 2/0- 6/0 size hooks they 're not hook shy usually and none of that 6-10 lb leader crap used down here, they will break it. Have lots of line on your spool I don't go below 20 lb test. Hopefully you find some fish.

Driller

• Keeping it real.
Re: Stewart BC
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 09:13:42 PM »

Thanks a lot!  Very good info!
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.