Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: AHHH HORSE$HIT !  (Read 9997 times)

CAPTAIN BONK

• Old Timer
  • THERE'S NO HEAD BETTER THEN STEELHEAD !
Re: AHHH HORSE$HIT !
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2005, 12:44:03 PM »

NOT 2 MENTION THESE IDIOTS THAT HEAD OUT FIRST LIGHT, GET THEIR LIMIT WITHIN 30 MIN OR SO, GO HOME , DROP OFF THEIR FISH , AND GO FISH ANOTHER SPOT ON THE FRASER TRYING 2 B ALL STEALTH ! >:( I KNOW OF THIS ONE JACK @$$ THAT USE 2 CALL HIS WIFE TO COME PICK UP HIS 2 FISH, AND THEN HE'D GO FISH SOME MORE, HE'D DO THIS ABOUT 3 TIMES IN A DAY !  >:(

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2005, 12:51:00 PM »

If we all want to have a resource that is renewable and avaliable for all, we all need to work together.

Then...

NOT 2 MENTION THESE IDIOTS THAT HEAD OUT FIRST LIGHT, GET THEIR LIMIT WITHIN 30 MIN OR SO, GO HOME , DROP OFF THEIR FISH , AND GO FISH ANOTHER SPOT ON THE FRASER TRYING 2 B ALL STEALTH ! >:( I KNOW OF THIS ONE JACK @$$ THAT USE 2 CALL HIS WIFE TO COME PICK UP HIS 2 FISH, AND THEN HE'D GO FISH SOME MORE, HE'D DO THIS ABOUT 3 TIMES IN A DAY ! >:(

Yay.... ::)

2:40

• Old Timer
  • Floss your teeth, not your fish!!!
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2005, 03:22:15 PM »

I need a brick wall.
I have a right to fish and a responsibility to treat this right as a privilege.

Ethics is your actions and behaviour when no one is watching.

A problem well stated is a problem half solved.

Since when was snagging just a question of ethics and personal choice?

scalper66

• here fishy fishy
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2005, 05:50:25 PM »

ya about two months ago some of my work buddies came in with thirty sockeyes he bought of the natives up there for dirt cheap must have been frozen till him picked some up
 so 30 of the missing fish our accounted for lol

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2005, 06:07:18 PM »

ya about two months ago some of my work buddies came in with thirty sockeyes he bought of the natives up there for dirt cheap must have been frozen till him picked some up
 so 30 of the missing fish our accounted for lol
It's the idiots like that who keep motivating the natives to net more for sales. :(

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2005, 06:37:40 PM »

I agree, if there is no demand then there wil be no use in catching those fish.  unfortunately, if your buddy didnt buy them then they probably would have been loaded on a truck bound for the US or Eastern Canada.

The problem is that the laws/penaties for buyers and sellers alike are not stiff enuff.  If one guy poaches 10,000 pieces but gets a slap on the wrist when they catch them selling  a portion of that catch then trust me, he will keep on poaching until they lock him away.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2005, 11:38:27 PM »

I need a brick wall.

Should have told me earlier, I could have dropped one off at your work today. ;)

I was referring to attitudes such as the captain's. What exactly is that remark supposed to accomplish? Too much of that in this fishery, finger pointing at each other. We spend so much time working against each other instead of working with each other. By the time we put our differences aside, the season is over already, and everyone goes for a few months of dry spell, and starts again in spring.

2:40

• Old Timer
  • Floss your teeth, not your fish!!!
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2005, 09:27:00 AM »

I need a brick wall.

Should have told me earlier, I could have dropped one off at your work today. ;)

Yeah, could use one there too.  ;D

And agree fully with you although I understand the captain's deep frustration (although one never knows if he is shouting or just using caps as always... ;) )
I have a right to fish and a responsibility to treat this right as a privilege.

Ethics is your actions and behaviour when no one is watching.

A problem well stated is a problem half solved.

Since when was snagging just a question of ethics and personal choice?