Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BREAK IN WARNING.  (Read 2757 times)

Terry Bodman

• Old Timer
  • A poorly tied fly is better than no fly at all!
BREAK IN WARNING.
« on: March 20, 2005, 04:52:52 PM »

Haven't reminded readers for awhile. Break and entry of vehicles continues to be a problem in the Chilliwack/Vedder area, even in busy parking lots. The most recent incident I am aware of is at Peach Road parking lot (March 19) where a walker's vehicle had the side window smashed during his 1/2 hour absence. Some common sense reminders:

1. Don't leave anything of value in sight. Even loose change is a magnet for some thieves, especially those with a drug habit. Take a minute or two to hide valuables.
2. Be vigilant. Any suspicious characters hanging around? Take a licence number and vehicle description in case you need to make a report.
3.Report any incident to RCMP (604.792.4611) even though you think it will do no good. The very least is that the report will end up in the stats for the area.
"One man of courage makes a majority"

keithr

• If you want to know about me, see my website.
    • Our place in Mexico
Re: BREAK IN WARNING.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 10:33:30 AM »

Thanks for the reminder and good advice, Terry.

2:40

• Old Timer
  • Floss your teeth, not your fish!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 10:25:20 AM »

Also dont forget to call in every infraction you see while on the river. Like Terry says, that incident itself might not get dealt with, but the reports for the area build. As the politicians look where to send new officers (I wish!), they dont come out and look at the area, they look at paper to decide where the need is.

I have a right to fish and a responsibility to treat this right as a privilege.

Ethics is your actions and behaviour when no one is watching.

A problem well stated is a problem half solved.

Since when was snagging just a question of ethics and personal choice?

RVT

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 07:54:56 PM »

found out for ourselves about the breakins. parked right beside the broken glass in the peach rd. parking lot when we went out fishing.came back two hours later to find the lock smashed out on the driver side door >:(.we phoned the police and they didn't seem to give a damn. by the way the fishing sucked.

Fishin Freak

• Old Timer
  • Get The Feeling, Toyota!
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 12:46:27 PM »

I'm getting one of those paging alarms from futureshop for $250. Does anyone else know a good place to get a alarm system?