Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BULLTROUT  (Read 2853 times)

CALI 2 B.C.

BULLTROUT
« on: January 16, 2008, 08:51:12 AM »

ARE U ALLOWED TO KEEP EM
famous people walk on red carpet because theyre famous...me i walk on toilet paper because im the $h!^

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: BULLTROUT
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 09:16:07 AM »

No, unless you're fishing in a lake.

Type in small cases please, it would avoid many future confusions in your future posts.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 11:30:41 AM by Rodney »

CALI 2 B.C.

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 09:23:50 AM »

alright thank you. yea i was mainly asking in reference to pitt lake.im new here but have been reading about them and are very interested in catching and hopefully eating some.lol
famous people walk on red carpet because theyre famous...me i walk on toilet paper because im the $h!^

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 09:29:30 AM »

Thanks. For Pitt Lake, there are exceptions. Please go to:

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/docs/fish-synopsis_2007-08_region2.pdf

Look for Pitt Lake on page five. It states a section of the lake where wild trout and char are required to be released.

CALI 2 B.C.

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 09:38:07 AM »

wow thanks. i think im going to go a a charter trip there in may or april since i dont have a boat yet.ive been up there on a boat once and loved it unfortunately i wasnt fishing jus a bbq and day on the lake.only fish ive caught much of is bass up here yet and they weren like anything i used to catch at lake oroville back home :(

coryandtrevor

• Winter : Stick on the ice , fly in the water
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 11:26:58 AM »

wow thanks. i think im going to go a a charter trip there in may or april since i dont have a boat yet.ive been up there on a boat once and loved it unfortunately i wasnt fishing jus a bbq and day on the lake.only fish ive caught much of is bass up here yet and they weren like anything i used to catch at lake oroville back home :(

Welcome to Canada !
"The swing is the thing but the tug is the drug" - Unknown

Derp

• Tight lines!
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 12:22:53 PM »

Aaaand! fishing with rod  8)
In the summertime when the weather is hot
You can stretch right up and touch the sky
When the weather's fine
You got women, you got women on your mind
Have a drink, have a drive
Go out and see what you can find

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 12:36:59 PM »

If you are interested in a guided trip on the Upper Pitt River, there are a selected few operators that offer this service. STS Guiding Service and Ultimate Sportfishing, both supporters of this website, are available for booking, but it's best to set a date fast as the time availability of this fishery is small. April and May are indeed good months for targeting bull trout, which will be feeding aggressively on juvenile salmon. Most of the fishing is done on the Upper Pitt River, north of the lake. I'm not aware of people who primarily target them in the lake itself, but I could be wrong.

They are not typically targeted for eating, for a couple of reasons. Most areas (all rivers and some lakes) are closed for retention while deep lake fishing is not popularly done since you need a boat and there are also so many other fishing opportunies available. These migratory char on the coastal watersheds were once fished until their populations were endangered. Their growth rate is slow and the population always takes long to rebound after some harvesting, therefore most anglers would recommend that they should not be kept.

Good luck.

CALI 2 B.C.

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 01:08:59 PM »

those are sure some beatiful fish.shame i wont be able to taste lol im gonna call the service and get some prices

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 09:59:58 PM »

Cali if you are interested in a C&R fishery the squamish system can be good for big bulls this time of year. under an hour drive from van.
always a student