Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: marine battery  (Read 12364 times)

jacklam999

marine battery
« on: September 25, 2014, 01:19:48 AM »

ANY 1 KNOW which brand of battery is best? mostly for lake , minn kota 30 used for. 

I see some marine battery is around 60$ in craglist are the trustable?

Tadpole

• I'm a llama!
Re: marine battery
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 08:52:26 AM »

It is so easy to damage a battery. for example .... keep it on cement floor and you are done in a moth or two. Saying that i would not trust any
 used battery from CL. Specially with the price like 60.00. Also avoid Canadian Tyre  Nautilus type battery. i had a couple over the years and they don't last. Try costco maybe.

Ambassador

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 10:00:06 AM »

Costco all the way. Inexpensive, good quality and an unbeatable return policy for peace of mind. I didn't find my Nautilus (CDN Tire) to be very good, so I personally would steer clear of them.
"Perhaps fishing is, for me, only an excuse to be near rivers"
Roderick Haig-Brown

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 10:06:56 AM »

I see some marine battery is around 60$ in craglist are the trustable?

No . Go buy a new marine battery and a charger.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 12:18:13 PM »

you don't need a "marine" battery. Just get a Group 27 or 29 Deep Cycle and your good to go. Trolled all day with my group 27 using my 55lb thrust pushing my 1436 boat
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 12:37:06 PM »

Costco all the way. Inexpensive, good quality and an unbeatable return policy for peace of mind. I didn't find my Nautilus (CDN Tire) to be very good, so I personally would steer clear of them.
Went to Costco a month ago to exchange my deep cycle because I ran into issues with holding the charge .They said they didn't carry them anymore (Langley Costco ) . They did a search for other Costco's in the lower mainland and found the one location in Coquitlam ? that had a couple left . I ended going to Wallmart . So far so good .
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 12:38:45 PM by armytruck »
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

jacklam999

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 01:50:38 PM »

you don't need a "marine" battery. Just get a Group 27 or 29 Deep Cycle and your good to go. Trolled all day with my group 27 using my 55lb thrust pushing my 1436 boat

how much are they around? do they have it in cosco?

jacklam999

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 01:53:25 PM »

Went to Costco a month ago to exchange my deep cycle because I ran into issues with holding the charge .They said they didn't carry them anymore (Langley Costco ) . They did a search for other Costco's in the lower mainland and found the one location in Coquitlam ? that had a couple left . I ended going to Wallmart . So far so good .

what brand and type of deep cycle battery is good and inexpensive in cosco or walmart. Will lorco carry it and is the price the same?I only use it on a minn kota 30 and use in a small lake. And do i need to buy a battery box to prevent water splash onto the battery for safty or i can just hook up a battery without a box.

Thank you
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 02:05:50 PM by jacklam999 »

Voyager

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 02:06:17 PM »

Try Edmonds Batterie, I have bought group 27, 6volt deep cycles for my RV, motorcycle batteries and accessories there and they have been good, I go to the one on King George..

jacklam999

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 02:12:43 PM »

Try Edmonds Batterie, I have bought group 27, 6volt deep cycles for my RV, motorcycle batteries and accessories there and they have been good, I go to the one on King George..

How much are they?

Britguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 02:27:05 PM »

EverStart Marine Battery 27DC-850N

$111.97

Wallmart

Troutman

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2014, 02:57:04 PM »

Costco marine batteries are seasonal. I picked up the last one couple of weeks ago from the downtown location for $89. I think they said they will bring it back for spring season. i have the same motor and it lasted a little over a day and still had some juice left. i think they're good batteries and great return policy if anything goes wrong.

Zackattack

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2014, 02:59:27 PM »

EverStart Marine Battery 27DC-850N

$111.97

Wallmart

x2
I already recommended him this battery on a diff thread. Now go and buy one.  No point risking buying a used battery. Might save a few bucks but might also strand you out on a lake.
Dont worry about leaving the battery on cement, battery case materials nowadays are fine. Charge it everymonth or so when not in use and youll be golden.

FishOn

• This sure beats workin!
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2014, 03:04:50 PM »

It is so easy to damage a battery. for example .... keep it on cement floor and you are done in a moth or two. Saying that i would not trust any
 used battery from CL. Specially with the price like 60.00. Also avoid Canadian Tyre  Nautilus type battery. i had a couple over the years and they don't last. Try costco maybe.
Cement floor ruing battery is a myth. See http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/battery.asp

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2014, 03:43:43 PM »