Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: rally for your country!!  (Read 11171 times)

limit time

• http://www.svmatch.com/allusers/4/
Re: rally for your country!!
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2008, 09:51:24 PM »

weather your conservative or not, if you give a **** about your county and care what your county thinks of you... check this site out!

http://www.rallyforcanada.ca/

Hey limit time - any reason why in your profile page you chose to include a link to a webpage called "interpill" - a foreign drug site that sells Viagara (One of the most popular medications used to treat erection problems in men)? Do you buy from them regularly?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2008, 09:24:16 AM »

Toronto Maple Leafs Win Stanley Cup!!!

Canada was stunned Monday when it was announced that The Stanley Cup will be awarded to the Toronto Maple Leafs, possibly as early as December 6th.  The cup will be stripped from from 2008 playoff champions the Detroit Red Wings and be awarded to the Leafs, who didn't even make the playoffs.

How is this possible, Canadians ask?  Well, the Leafs have formed a coalition with eastern conference semi-finalists the Montreal Canadians, and conference quarter finalists the Ottawa Senators, now outnumbering the Red Wings.  According to current Leaf coach Ron Wilson "the Red Wings have lost the confidence of the league and should hand the cup over immediately to our coalition".

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman is cutting short a European trip to try to resolve the unprecedented hockey crisis that could force a second playoff series, or see an opposing team coalition take the cup.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2008, 10:37:51 AM »

Canada was stunned Monday when it was announced that The Stanley Cup will be awarded to the Toronto Maple Leafs, possibly as early as December 6th.  The cup will be stripped from from 2008 playoff champions the Detroit Red Wings and be awarded to the Leafs, who didn't even make the playoffs.

How is this possible, Canadians ask?  Well, the Leafs have formed a coalition with eastern conference semi-finalists the Montreal Canadians, and conference quarter finalists the Ottawa Senators, now outnumbering the Red Wings.  According to current Leaf coach Ron Wilson "the Red Wings have lost the confidence of the league and should hand the cup over immediately to our coalition".

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman is cutting short a European trip to try to resolve the unprecedented hockey crisis that could force a second playoff series, or see an opposing team coalition take the cup.

Wishful thinking Chris ;D ;D

janders

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2008, 11:19:55 AM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i love it

Bhinky

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2008, 03:01:01 PM »

Genius! Well put!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2008, 03:38:44 PM »

Genius! Well put!
Yes it is, I should have noted on my post I did not pen it.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2008, 03:58:19 PM »

Summarized the current political situation quite well.

SilentPhilosopher

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2008, 11:45:40 PM »

How can this be a valid comparison?  Based on your analogy, I assume you must think that the opposition is changing the rules of the game, but in fact they have not.  The formation of a coalition is perfectly legal, as others have already stated.  The debate should be over the legitimacy of a coalition take over, not the legality. 

Personally, I think it is legitimate.  As others have stated, in Canada we vote for an MP.  Even though most of us base much of our decision on the leader of the party, if the opposition parties unite and form a majority and also have the majority of the popular vote then the legitimacy of our democratic system is maintained.

If people are taking issue with the opposition because they dislike the leaders, I have no argument since we are all entitled to be able to form an opinion; however, I believe it is not right translate this animosity into arguments about legitimacy simply because those leaders and their parties have taken their posts democratically.  The onus is on the minority government to govern with consideration of other parties given its own status in parliament.

Some of you are probably assuming that I must be a liberal or NDP and I don't blame you for thinking so.  None of you know me since I rarely post.  But I'll show my cards so that you have a more accurate perspective of where I'm coming from.  I am fiscally conservative, I despise laziness in the work place with a passion, and I have some reservations about the economic merits of seasonal(EI supplemented) industries.  However, I did not vote Conservative simply because it's been engulfed by the values of the Reform party which come from oil rich Alberta.  The issue of contention for me is not Albertan style conservatism, but that it can not work for most of the country.  This is because much of Canada lacks the oil and gas revenues which make Alberta's economy stronger, taxation rates lower, less union friendly (there's not as much need to be when there is high demand for workers), and overall more business friendly. 

Bhinky

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2008, 08:56:49 AM »

:o
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 08:59:55 AM by Bhinky »

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2008, 08:13:47 PM »

Ha,ha good one.

Leafs are usually good around the middle of a century.
Their time is coming...  ;D ;D ;D

salmonsturgeontrout

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2008, 08:31:37 AM »

Well put Silent

salmon river

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2008, 10:31:18 PM »

Obviously many here do not know how our system works....you shoul;d look into things before you make such ridiculous statements..