Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bare Waders  (Read 6496 times)

Every Day

• Old Timer
Bare Waders
« on: June 09, 2010, 08:51:19 PM »

Figured I would throw up a new thread, as I was really impressed with Bare today.

I bought a pair of blackwater (breathable) waders around 2 years ago. I had gone through 2 pairs already (blown knee seams) and was now on my 3rd. The knee seams on this third pair blew out once again when I was on the island this winter, and I just went to go get them fixed now.

Well I had bought them from HUB sports, and had gotten them replaced no problem both other times when I took them in (when Roger was still owner). I went in this last week (forgetting that Roger sold HUB) and realized I didn't even have the receipt anymore for the waders. I was curious to see if I could trade in this old pair for a pair of the new upgraded ones. The new owner of HUB was very helpful (and a very nice guy) and told me that he would honor my purchase there, but that it would be much quicker just to go to the actual factory in Langley (he only makes a trip into BARE once every month or so).

Well I went out to Langley today and was very impressed. I was in and out within 10 or 15 mins with a pair of the new and improved waders. I am extremely happy with their customer service, and hopefully the new waders will pan out to be just as good as my experience today. Anyone with the knee seam problem should definitely go to the factory and give it a try.

Spiznack

• Dominion Lending Centres Alta Pacific Mortgages
Re: Bare Waders
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 12:53:56 AM »

Bare has always been the best.  Good to hear that local companies are providing such great customer service.  Just one more reason to go with the best!
For Mortgage advice call Carlos @ 778-846-2567

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 06:02:06 PM »

bare custom service is decent, there waders suck
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 07:19:32 PM »

Love my Bare Blackwaters.  4 years old now, and the past 2 years have seen pretty decent use.  No leaks, tears, anything amiss.
Used them tubing for 6 weeks last summer/fall as well; far more comfortable than neos, just insure you dress according to water temperatures.

Britguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 09:32:40 PM »

I went through four pairs in one year (leaking seams)
yes they replaced them each time but after the fourth pair i changed to simms and have had better luck with these

jimmywits

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 09:49:20 PM »

Army and Navy replaced my waders due to leaky knee seams and my warranty had expired. I argued that a pair of neoprene's should last allot more than one season. My previous waders purchased at the same store for the same amount of money lasted me 7 years without any problems at all. I was very impressed with their service.

Rp3Flyfisher

• Rp3 FlyFishing
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 10:15:19 PM »

Bare has had some MAJOR Issues with leaking in the past few years, but by what I have heard, they have fixed the issue and are getting ready to release their new line of waders very soon.

Rick
Tight Lines & Fun Times

Rick Passek
http://www.theflyfishfanatic.com

Author of:
The Freshman FlyFisher "A Beginners Guide for a new Generation"
&
The Freshman FlyFishers Insect Guide

Pro Staff:
Leader Sales (RIO, Sage, Redington, Dr Slick, Renzetti, Islander, Lamson, C&F Design, Moby Nets, Bradly Smokers)
Howard Hackle

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/cos/images/rapp_logo.gif

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 10:30:29 PM »

Bare has had some MAJOR Issues with leaking in the past few years, but by what I have heard, they have fixed the issue and are getting ready to release their new line of waders very soon.

Rick

They replaces my originals with the blackwater 2's I believe. They are beige in colour and have the built in gravel guards and waterproof front pouch, etc.
Hopefully these waders will last me more than 4 months  ::) And yes they will be put to work ALOT over the next 4 months lol  :D

Danube Boy

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 11:05:10 PM »

They replaces my originals with the blackwater 2's I believe. They are beige in colour and have the built in gravel guards and waterproof front pouch, etc.
Hopefully these waders will last me more than 4 months  ::) And yes they will be put to work ALOT over the next 4 months lol  :D

Not waterproof as my non-waterproof camera found out. Actually, the pouch lets water in but doesn't let it out; it's waterproof in a reverse way. ::)

Not to be pesimistic, but Blackwater 2's have the same seam design and welding as originals and in theory shouldn't be any better. As Rick said, hopefully this new 3rd generation is more durable.

c-pin

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 08:56:47 AM »

It's weird to hear about the the Blackwater wader issues. I bought a pair 6 seasons ago (this upcoming one will be my 7th), and have never had a problem. The old green Kodiak jacket however, is where I have had problems.
Wild Salmon are like Wild Women .... Fun to Catch and Mighty Tasty

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 01:05:50 PM »

It's funny to hear that Bare have had issues in the "past few years"...

I sold Bare wetsuits and drysuits for 5 years, this was about 16-17 years back, and they had issues with their seams then, too.  In fact every bare product I've ever owned has had issues with either the stitching or taping of the seams.  Bare never really measured up to the other brands we carried in terms of reliability or quality.