Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder - Saturday Jan 15th  (Read 1405 times)

JustinG

Vedder - Saturday Jan 15th
« on: January 15, 2005, 05:12:05 PM »

Brrrr...Left DT Vancouver early to hit the flow at first light. 2nd time out this season. I had a general idea what section of river I wanted to cover but no definite starting point. The descrete (and reliable) spot I began most trips at last year in the lower river was washed away by the fall rains.

I guess the cold and the wind kept most away today, at least in the lower river. I didn't see anyone for at least 2 hours this morning. Unbelievable for a Saturday given where I was but then again it was tough to get a good drift going with blasts of wind that would drag my float across the river. I floated roe (between gusts) and bounced a colorodo blade for most of the morning. Had 2 hits at first light then nothing. Around noon I decided to do a little wading to reach a channel on the opposite side of the river. Finally...my new tiny Drennan goes down, I set the hook, see a flash and the heart starts going. After a few rolls and runs I get her in close enough to see the big wild adipose fin.  I get her in shallow enough to pop the hook and for a final close look - Good size ~12lbs, bright chrome doe sent on her way.

Cheers!
Justin.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
Re: Vedder - Saturday Jan 15th
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 05:39:23 PM »

Fished Peach to Lickaman Rd. Saw no hatcherys kept, saw one wild caught and released in deep pool near lickman. hooked into 1 and caught 2 usable floats. WIND has definately died down since last week, but was still a bit too windy.
The Bigger The Better!

Rieber

• Old Timer
Re: Vedder - Saturday Jan 15th
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2005, 10:25:55 PM »

I took a little 7-8lb hatchery doe this afternoon below the train bridge. Roe sack did the trick.