Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012/13 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 129198 times)

Brian the fisherman

well that win was a cherry on the cake for a good day on the river for me.
Now to just get a hatch. grrrr
Tight lines to all

Joey

Yep, you and I and everyone else would hate to get to the river and find it unfishable. This is what this thread is set up every year to make the experience more enjoyable for

There are two reasons behind the new rule.

To improve the quality of the thread. There have been too many posts of people asking for water condition, sometimes probably more than the water condition reports. It frustrates many when they click on the thread only to find out it is yet another request.

Chris posts condition reports whenever he is back to his computer from the river. Very rarely he does not so people don't need to request for it. Sometimes he phones me up and asks me to post it sooner. He can provide reports on the current condition, but he shouldn't be asked to predict what the condition will be like in the future.

I really appreciate Chris's weather/river condition reports and the journals and other members as well.Thanks. But should do so on their OWN time.Those request up to date report can email NASA......www.nasa.gov/centers/hq/about/contact_us.html.
I am a weekend warrior so what ever latest report posted really helps

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Condition very good today. May put a further report under fishing reports. :'(

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions good today except windy in spots. Lots of people out today but heard of only one fish. Did not fish the hot spot, may slip out  agan when everyone has gone home. ;D

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season

Amongst my friends, we refer to Chris Gadsen as Mr. Chilliwack and his good deeds, i'm sure have not gone unnoticed... there will come a time when a run will be named after him...hopefully not too soon in the foreseen future!  ;)  ;D

Drewhill

River was looking good today but very busy as Chris mentioned. Vis was easily a few feet. Didn't hear of or see any steelhead caught but saw a fairly nice coho bonked.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 06:48:39 PM by Drewhill »

flyrabbit

River was looking good today but very busy as Chris mentioned. Vis was easily a few feet. Didn't hear of or see any steelhead caught but saw a fairly nice coho bonked.

was coho caught at uppper river?

kid fisherman

The river was looking great this morning. I was able to hook a nice resident rainbow on a pink worm.

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante

Fished from Fort Apache down to the Slesse slide....lots of vis /bit of colour above the slide...milky below.....Tolmie probably milking in too....level good in most runs....  didn't touch (xcept for a whitefish)  or see any fish....
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 10:35:44 AM by Spoonman »
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

chronic_topdawg

Hiked Wilson to crossing.  Water was cloudy greenish, perfect. a lil low for my liking.  Saw a big wild buck (12ish) caught.  Beauty day.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions good this AM but the fishing wasn't, for me anyway.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Snowing along the banks of the river now.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Cleared off now will freeze tonight will be slippery for those heading to the derby tomorrrow.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Clear out wirh some wind at the present time.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Are you camping under the train bridge and using the remote wifi service from your iPhone to provide hourly updates for everyone until the derby starts tomorrow? ;D