Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sage Launch rods  (Read 10745 times)

Long_Cast

• Fish Smart
Re: Sage Launch rods
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2006, 11:23:17 PM »

I can tell you that Toyotas are reliable but they are not the most interesting cars to drive right now. I have a Toyota and it's an old Toyota and I love it. However the newer Toyotas out there are not the same. They're really boring to drive.  Try comparing your Land Cruiser to a BMW X5 and you'll know it lacks soul. 

Stone

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2006, 02:09:40 PM »

I can tell you that Toyotas are reliable but they are not the most interesting cars to drive right now. I have a Toyota and it's an old Toyota and I love it. However the newer Toyotas out there are not the same. They're really boring to drive.  Try comparing your Land Cruiser to a BMW X5 and you'll know it lacks soul. 

A BMW X5 is great if you want to be a fancy yuppy and hang out a Starbucks all day sipping expensive coffee, and then race around town from red light to red light as fast as you can.  Most people who drive X5's don't even know how to put on their spares in the event of a flat tire.  Seeing as how this was your vehicle of choice to point out, you will definitely not understand what a Land Cruiser is about...so I won't bother explaining.

People do choose their flyfishing equipment and approach flyfishing the same way as some people buy X5's...but I'm no yuppie.

Matt

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2006, 01:23:28 PM »

Knocking Toyota was a bad idea.  Especially on a board attended by guys with a penchant for trucks with balls equivalent to bowling balls.  This is gonna get off topic fast.

Long_Cast

• Fish Smart
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2006, 10:59:13 PM »

There's nothing wrong with knocking down Toyota. When a product doesn't perform, it doesn't perform. The Toyota Land Cruiser is definately an overrated SUV and it's expensive as heck for a not so reliable SUV according to JD Power and Associates.  Let's not forget that yuppies drive Land Cruisers too. I don't drive a Bimmer but they are great handling cars.

Stone

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2006, 05:12:17 PM »

There's nothing wrong with knocking down Toyota. When a product doesn't perform, it doesn't perform. The Toyota Land Cruiser is definately an overrated SUV and it's expensive as heck for a not so reliable SUV according to JD Power and Associates.  Let's not forget that yuppies drive Land Cruisers too. I don't drive a Bimmer but they are great handling cars.

Nice troll...way to continue to take your own thread off topic, genius.

As far as going back to your original question, how is that V2 working out?  Can you cast it beyond 40' yet?

Long_Cast

• Fish Smart
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2006, 09:07:35 PM »

Stone, you were the one who continued on with the auto topic buddy.
Anyway, I only casted it once and yes, I could cast over 40 feet with no probs.

flyrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2006, 09:33:01 AM »

I have a Sage FLI 6 wt. 9ft. 4 piece, brand new that I could give you a discounted price on if you are interested.  It is much better than the Launch.  Rod

Long_Cast

• Fish Smart
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2006, 12:58:53 AM »

What's the price you're going to offer for the FLI?

Banny

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2006, 05:39:54 PM »

Flyrod do you still have that Fli available?  If so I would be interested

My e-mail is j.bannerman@hotmail.com

Hope to hear from you, Jordan