Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What Happened to Dave Steele's Page?  (Read 2025 times)

Driller

• Keeping it real.
What Happened to Dave Steele's Page?
« on: March 31, 2011, 10:04:02 PM »

I can honestly say, that the best part of receiving my BC Outdoors fishing magazine was the last page.  Dave Steele would write an article every month that would always make me laugh.  He would write in a very articulate manner, sometimes using words I didn't understand, but it seemed to flow and always leave me on the edge of my seat.  I hope Dave is just out on a fishing trip somewhere and wasn't able to meet the deadline for the magazine, hence the missing article, but if I find out that BC Outdoors magazine decided not to renew the mans contract, I will spearhead a campaign to raise awareness about one of BC's top story tellers.  When the people in charge see a cancellation of a majority of their subscription holders because of Dave's column no longer being in the magazine, I am sure they will scrape up the bucket loads of money the man deserves and deliver to his front door step with an apology note.
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

jackster

Re: What Happened to Dave Steele's Page?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 10:40:15 PM »

he is still there in the March/April issue, what are you smoking?

Driller

• Keeping it real.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 10:48:26 PM »

I'm not smoking anything.  I just checked.  The magazine I just received was a special edition, with the lake guide.  Maybe he doesn't make the special edition magazines.   Close call.
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 09:45:06 AM »

There was a few things not in the special edition. Reel memories was not in it as well.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

ksan

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 02:22:20 PM »

I'm pretty sure several of the regular contributors don't participate in the BCO Special Spring edition