Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Brunette River  (Read 22556 times)

otto

Re:Brunette River
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2004, 02:02:01 PM »

any plastic bait like a mr twister grub, 6" plastic worm of any color, topwater crankbaits, will catch these bass.

Long_Cast

• Fish Smart
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2004, 02:37:16 PM »

Actually, I saw the article in the Burnaby Now newspaper - front page.  Anyway, smallmouths will take any lure that works for trout.  Because of their small mouths, trout lures are great.

otto

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2004, 11:53:48 PM »

will you pole fish for them to otto ::)

YEA BABY!!! YOU KNOW IT!!!  aint no fish that i won't try for with the longpole!!!

rln

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2004, 07:38:45 AM »

Rainbow trout, coho, chum, sockeye, chinook and steelhead, as well as cutthroat trout, carp, stickleback, red-sided shiners, prickly sculpins, and peamouth chub. There are also crayfish, lampreys and tadpoles. I'm surprised you never heard of this river.

You missed out on the black crappie . I don't think there any chinook or sockeye
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 07:40:27 AM by rln »

Will_CARP

• I love fishing!
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2004, 09:44:48 AM »

I suppose we are to kill them. Well i'll head down to the brunette after work for an hour or two.  where is a place to fish from? 8) 8)

Long_Cast

• Fish Smart
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2004, 01:03:25 PM »

rln, sockeyes and chinooks have been well documented in the Brunette River. FYI, there have been no documented cases of black crappies in the Brunette or even at Burnaby Lake. So, unless, you caught a black crappie, and you swear it was a black crappie, then that's someone new.

Here's an excellent link that details the fish in Burnaby's lakes, rivers, and tributaries. Click on the species of fish to see the body of water they reside.

http://www.penr.bcit.ca/fwr/images/Basin_images/Basin_interactive.html#

Will_CARP

• I love fishing!
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2004, 01:33:08 PM »

Stopped by hume park before work to check out the river; it ended up being more of a stream.  Has anyone caught a fish out of there?

Long_Cast

• Fish Smart
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2004, 03:16:35 PM »

I know the people from TEAM DIAWA fished Brunette river as a Team Diawa fishing book from the 80's mentioned about Brunette river as a great river to fish for salmon and trout. It also mentioned that corn, cheese, bacon and worms are baits you should try :D I remember going to the Brunette river when I was about 15 years old and I decided not to fish there because the water level was so low and the colour was dark. However, during the fall or spring, water levels are high enough so that fishing is capable.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 03:24:32 PM by Long_Cast »