Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Peg Leg August 11th  (Read 3112 times)

BirdNester

Peg Leg August 11th
« on: August 11, 2004, 11:11:13 AM »

First off, thanks to all that helped me find it. I think it's my new favorite place. Possibly the closest bar to Surrey, big open space, you can drive to where you fish and there were actually fish there.
I was there from first light to about 9:45 and I personally saw about 20 fish landed, 2 being nice springs. I can estimate there were about 40-60 fish caught. Plus all the ones that were lost, including my friends that was right on the beach. I didn't even get a bite, but it was so nice to see people catching fish. As we were leaving, people were walking from all directions with bags containing fish. Don't know if I can go back to Laidlaw now, why would I?
Once again, thanks for telling me about this great bar.
RobertO

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
Re:Peg Leg August 11th
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 11:17:18 AM »

hey bnestero, did you catch one?????????????????????

also, laidlaw is pretty productive...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 11:18:05 AM by dennisK »

BirdNester

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 11:30:46 AM »

DID I CATCH ONE??!?! ROTFLMAO Wishful thinking.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I compared Laidlaw to Peg Leg because of snags... tonnes at Laidlaw, Zero at Peg Leg... Lost one hook cause of a 'bashing betty'
See everyone there tomorrow  ;D
RobertO

habzrule

• ====00=====
    • Make great money online in your spare time
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 06:37:54 PM »

Anyone feel like helpin' a newb out and telling me where peg leg is  ;D
Would be much appreciated!  I'm new to the whole west coast fishing scene...so far I've really only fished the Capilano river mouth and St Mary's lake on SaltSpring.  Caught Salmon before but that was 100 feet down in lake Ontario with a downrigger.  What pound test do you guys usually use?  I been using 8lb at the Cap because I heard the fish were under 10 lb for the most part...still skunked, wanna eat some coho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://members.shaw.ca/consumerforce/index.html : Best way to make some extra cash for fishing

steelieman

• Fish On!!!!

Fishin Freak

• Old Timer
  • Get The Feeling, Toyota!
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 09:52:23 PM »

Fished pegs tonight 5:30-8. Everytime I go out there it seems to get more and more busy, go figure! Saw more seals swimming by tonight than fish caught. In the time I was there about 7-8 fish on that I could see in my vicinity and about 2-3 landed. I lost a spring that brought me nearly to the bottom of my 6500 spool in 5 seconds (maybe sturgeon). Helped some fellow C & R a seagull, which flew away unharmed.

habzrule

• ====00=====
    • Make great money online in your spare time
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2004, 04:39:50 AM »

Tx for the map!!
http://members.shaw.ca/consumerforce/index.html : Best way to make some extra cash for fishing

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2004, 08:16:02 AM »

;Dwow c&r seagulls what next. maybe next year they will open them.lol lol ;D

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2004, 08:55:17 AM »

My buddy and I caught a seagull on cut plug about 8 years ago off seal rock (West Van).  The seagull picked it up before we got it on the downrigger.  Flew the kite for about 5 min. (seemed like 20) before we could get the thing in the boat to remove the hook from it's beak.  the seagulls buddies were doing circles around the boat and dive bomming us the whole time.  I wonder if it still eats hearing ::)

Fishin Freak

• Old Timer
  • Get The Feeling, Toyota!
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2004, 01:04:42 PM »

Way to stand behind your statement that the whole river should be shut down.

I think it should be shutdown, but if it's still open i'm going to fish. I certainly hope your not fishing in it now (here's your chance to look good)