Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: about tying a shooting head to ther fly line and then the tippet.  (Read 3164 times)

Compleat_Angler

hi everyone well its about that time to get my fly out for sum nice big chum, i just have my float line on right now, and im wanting to put on my shooting head i have today, its a air flo poly leader salmon steelhead 14 ft  and i wanted to attach it all to my reel so if anyone can show me or come by n help me tie this for tommroows trip it woud be awesoem to be prepared,if i can reward to help out that woudl be awesome ;) im in east vancouver let me know any tuitorial or just come by n help me tie it thx

Compleat_Angler

Re: about tying a shooting head to ther fly line and then the tippet.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 08:52:38 PM »

lovely  now i gotta get up in the mornin and cant use my fly rod cause no one anwserd :( shame oh well ::) nothin i can do now jus take her into a tackle shop n get it done .. :(

Steelhead King

• Old Timer
Re: about tying a shooting head to ther fly line and then the tippet.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 10:17:44 PM »

you can just put a loop connector on the tip of your floating line then just loop on the poly leader. As for tippet, just cut a 2-3 feet section by either blood knot it on the poly leader or tie a loop knot and loop on the tippet so you don;t have to cut the poly leader back futher each time tippet broke off. goodluck fishing tomorrow.