Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Steelhead Landing Net(Found what I wanted-Thanks)  (Read 2586 times)

HARLEY

• flyfishing
Steelhead Landing Net(Found what I wanted-Thanks)
« on: February 18, 2012, 07:38:34 AM »

Good Morning:

I would like to buy a landing net that I could clip onto the back of my vest but be large enough to land a 10-15lb. fish. On different DVD`s I have seen many anglers with nets such as this but I am having a very diffuclt time finding a good quality net. If you happen to know where I could buy one please email me. Thank You in advance for your help.

Regards,
swloren@telus.net
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 04:07:18 AM by HARLEY »

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: Steelhead Landing Net
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 08:49:38 AM »

Frabil makes a good net. It is an extenable net with a fair size basket for a net. When completly folded up it is only about 3 feet long but when extended it is about 6 feet long. This is the one that I use now when I am able to get out because I have a back injury that makes it tough for me to land fish and still keep them in the water. This allows me to land them safely. I got mine at Hatch Matchr and I believe they do have a few in stock.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

bowriva76

Re: Steelhead Landing Net
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 10:24:34 PM »