Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: charters in alberni  (Read 1403 times)

dereke

• Old Timer
charters in alberni
« on: August 22, 2007, 11:32:22 PM »

hey i was just wondering if any of you guys/gals could recommend anyone who charters out of the port alberni area. want to get out on the salt at least once this year for salmon and will be in the area the week of the 13th-20th in september. Im  looking for a charter who really knows what they are doing. would love to get out for some halis as well. any help would be greatly appreciated.

derek
always a student

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: charters in alberni
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 11:39:11 PM »

Email Dave and Marilyn.

http://www.murphysportfishing.com/

A couple of forum members go with them every year for both summer saltwater and winter steelhead, and all trips have been very positive.

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=11385.msg105483#msg105483

gofish just emailed me photos of another island trip a few days ago. They caught lots... Maybe he'll post a report after recovering from the trip.

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 11:49:40 PM »

ya thats what i am afraid of. this was the only time i could get off work. have heard its good as lat as the 20th of september?
always a student

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 12:15:57 AM »

hey cammer is the river super packed with anglers? i heard the runs of chinooks and coho up the stamp are great? wont be disappointed if i cant do salt and have to settle for some good river action. hooked a monster chrome chinook on the squamish river last weekend with my six wt. while fishing pinks. battle lasted all of thirty seconds, just enough time for it to jump clear of the water and upon re-entry made a hard run for the middle of the river where it broke off. quite a thrill and would love to be properly prepped for springs in a river. is the run going pretty stong by this point?
always a student

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 12:16:55 AM »

the 13-20th i mean.
always a student