Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Family oriented fishing resort/lodge  (Read 2972 times)

rootbeer

Family oriented fishing resort/lodge
« on: January 08, 2013, 01:23:15 PM »

I've searched the web and found about 1/2 dozen or so fishing resorts in the interior that seem family oriented (have playground and other activities besides just fishing).  The problem is that they all look pretty good.  I'm just wondering if anyone has any specific experiences/recommendations that they want to share.  They all seem to offer cabins, boat rentals, etc. and of course have pictures of people holding fish.  I am looking for something in the interior on a lake.  Good fishing isn't necessarily the most important part as I have two elementary school aged children who need to be occupied as well.  Cariboo Bonanza Resort looked interesting. 

Jewelz

• I've got the bug
Re: Family oriented fishing resort/lodge
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 04:15:42 PM »

I was at Cariboo Bonanza in the summer and its a nice resort. Fishing is good too. Dad managed to pull out a 11 lb lake trout outta there. I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old and they seemed to enjoy themselves. They were gonna go swimming like everyone else but I didn't want the leeches to get at them. No one else seemed to mind.
Peace. One. Jewelz.
"Who knew that fishing was this addicting..."

rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 04:51:31 PM »

Leeches, seriously?  My kids and wife would not cope with leeches.  That is extremely helpful information.

sbc hris

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 09:32:18 PM »

Well your probably not going to find a lake without leeches, I haven't found one in the interior yet, and if it doesn't have leeches, it probably doesn't have fish either. Chattaway is a cool place, but fairly rustic, Salmon lake is good as well, and the cabins are nice.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 12:17:22 AM »

Tunkwa Lake Resort is a good choice not too far from Vancouver if it has not been considered. We visited it last August for the first time and was quite impressed. Richard the caretaker has been a friend of mine for many years and I was excited to see how keen he is when it comes to getting kids into fishing at the resort. The piers in front of the resort are good for the kids to catch trout with a bobber and worm. You also have many other nearby lakes to choose from if fishing at Tunkwa Lake is not productive.

With that being said, I am looking forward to visit the lakes in the Cariboo region one day.

capman

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 04:43:35 AM »

With wife and 2 kids I've visited a few in the last few years. In your case i would say Johnson Lake Resort near Kamloops . Some of the cleanest water you can find to swim in it in BC If not in the country, descent fishing and totally family oriented.

rootbeer

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 11:17:20 AM »

Does anyone have any recommendations, either way, regarding echo lake fishing resort?