Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 469904 times)

TheLostSockeye

I believe TheLostSockeye may have been talking about catching a steelhead smolt. Could be wrong, but as you mentioned, extremely hard, or pretty well impossible to catch a summer run steelhead on the C-V.

was about 10th cast

Nicolas The Fisherman

Fished the Lower from 6:30 to about 9:15 this morning. Conditions excellent with good visibility. Must have landed about nine pinks, all males. Retained one clean buck. Hopefully it will taste alright. Yet to catch a doe this season. No one around me got any does either.

fic

• Old Timer

Fished the Lower from 6:30 to about 9:15 this morning. Conditions excellent with good visibility. Must have landed about nine pinks, all males. Retained one clean buck. Hopefully it will taste alright. Yet to catch a doe this season. No one around me got any does either.
Bucks taste better than does anyways when they're fresh, but they don't provide the roe that you might want for baiting coho.

typhoon

• Old Timer

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer

Hooked over 40 fish this afternoon twitching jigs. Crazy how well you could see them and how aggresive they were. Water is really nice and 90 percent of the fish were males. Nice to get the first coho from the vedder this year, about a 5 pound wild buck.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Pink salmon daily quota has changed for the Chilliwack/Vedder River starting tomorrow:

http://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sap/index-eng.cfm?pg=view_notice&DOC_ID=175489&ID=all

DRP79

Beautiful out there today. Water is in nice shape, pretty clear. Empty runs and clean fish to be found mid river today for me. All males as well.

Nicolas The Fisherman

Fished the Lower again this morning for a few hours. Conditions excellent and so was the weather. Landed a good number of pinks, all males again. Near the end of the trip, I casted into a faster moving spot and a big white Chinook took me by surprise. The float disappeared violently under the surface and the fish darted down the river until it snapped my 10lb leader. Didn't have time to adjust my drag or anything. Quite an adrenaline rush for sure!

lewisk

what kind lure did you user?

Nicolas The Fisherman

what kind lure did you user?
I was short floating pink jigs and later tried a pink wool/shrimp combo that Chris mentioned which produced quite a few fish as well.

fic

• Old Timer

I landed 4 bucks and 1 doe in the lower Vedder this morning.  During peak season, you can see that black band of fish lining the river bed, but  there's too few of them right now to make that black band.

Apennock

Thanks for the info!  The brother-in-law and I are heading tomorrow, I'll post an AM update.

Apennock

Fished a little way down river from Bailey Bridge.  Caught our limit in 2 hours. Reasonable clarity, about 4-6 inches.

Knnn

• Old Timer

Fished a little way down river from Bailey Bridge.  Caught our limit in 2 hours. Reasonable clarity, about 4-6 inches.

4-6 inches!  Cheakamus or Vedder? 

SilverChaser

4-6 inches!  Cheakamus or Vedder?
\
More like 4-6 feet  ;D

Fished all day but only landed 3 male pinks...

So many fish in the river but it feels like i'm doing something wrong.
Freestone Fly Co Ambassador
Halieus Outdoors Team Member