Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: River Openings  (Read 9362 times)

Outdoorsman

Re: River Openings
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2015, 06:42:30 PM »

Haha, it's seriously getting to the point that I need to hire a lawyer to ask him/her where I can fish and for what species. It can be so confusing and I'm born and raised in BC. I can only imagine English as a second language for some..........

Britguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2015, 07:19:30 PM »

I remember my Brother-in law telling me he went over the the island camping with his wife and he decided to take his fishing gear
he also took a copy of the fishing synopsis but when he got there and tried to locate a place that was open to fish he was so confused he just gave up :-\

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2015, 07:53:31 PM »

Mamquam is the most checked piece of water that I've ever fished.  Odds are good, open or closed you'll see a CO there.  Somebody, volunteer to fish there, talk to a CO and find out for the rest of us  ;D

bkk

• Good fishing is earned by hard work.
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2015, 08:10:17 PM »

The way I read the latest Fishery notice is that it recinds the previous notices. I know most of the Conservation Officers up this way so I will talk to them tomorrow and have them clarify.

bkk

• Good fishing is earned by hard work.
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2015, 05:05:02 PM »

Talked to my contacts in the Provincial Ministry and indeed the rivers are all open with the exception of the Seymour and Coquahalla. Tried DFO but no one answered the phone so I will trust the Provincial boys for the correct answer.

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2015, 06:49:54 PM »

Talked to my contacts in the Provincial Ministry and indeed the rivers are all open with the exception of the Seymour and Coquahalla. Tried DFO but no one answered the phone so I will trust the Provincial boys for the correct answer.
Thanks for the info. Let's just hope the CO doesn't look at the web page, but I'm sure they all receive internal emails about what the current openings and closings are.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2015, 05:11:49 AM »

Yes, when FN0904 was announced, the table should have been edited to include "no fishing for salmon" under the "All" section and under the Coho section below the bridge. Since DFO only has control of the salmon in the Freshwater, their announcement of the total angling closure was in conjunction with the Provincial Order. When the province reopened the rivers, which it has the jurisdiction to do, I do not believe it recinded the DFO orders over salmon fishing since the Federal Government controls salmon, so DFO  needed to issue its own order FN 1027 to allow fishing for salmon. The only contradiction now is rhe old FN0904 notice still showing" no fishing for salmon" below the bridge.  That was recinded by FN1027 and should be removed.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 05:22:17 AM by Sandman »
Not all those who wander are lost

fishingwithjohn

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2015, 01:07:59 PM »

Capilano is flooded with dirty pinks, crowding and fighting off a few coho in the pools