Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DFO - ORR Rant  (Read 9389 times)

BentRodsGuiding

• Bent Rods Guiding & Fishing
Re: DFO - ORR Rant
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2015, 07:00:28 AM »

Just call the RCMP and tell them there were people having fun and smoking pot and partying, you should get a few boats out there, then tell them to check for illegal fish.

Seriously though, enforcement for the environment is no longer of interest to govt, as is protecting or repairing habitat.

Fraser River Sturgeon, Salmon and Steelhead www.bentrods.ca

doja

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2015, 07:01:58 AM »

I think your tinfoil hat is broken. ;)

I'm not quite understanding your statement there... can you clarify it for me?  Thanks!

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2015, 08:26:09 AM »

Just call the RCMP and tell them there were people having fun and smoking pot and partying, you should get a few boats out there, then tell them to check for illegal fish.

Seriously though, enforcement for the environment is no longer of interest to govt, as is protecting or repairing habitat.

hey, easy on the stoners lol. just say they dont have enough life jackets or maybe missing the safety kit. who are we kidding they are not coming.

sockeyed

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2015, 09:55:14 AM »

Hey, why is there a picture of my boat? Kidding.. but seriously our federal government is a joke. 2015 is an election year, lets see Harper get the boot.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2015, 11:54:36 AM »

I say keep taking and sending the pics/videos in.  You are doing a service by doing this.

ShaunO

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2015, 12:20:47 PM »

The DFO officer I spoke to yesterday emailed me this morning with an update.  The Klahanie V was sold and the K number not transferred.  Another boat, the "WeLikeIt" out of Vancouver BC is not actually a registered name so they have no info on that one, and the last boat, a 18' Bayliner is being sent a notice from DFO and is being put on their list of repeat offenders, because I got the K number.  I guess the lesson for myself and anyone else who has had enough is to take pictures... lots of pictures and call the enforcement offices to follow up.  Without adequate funding and enough manpower this'll continue, but if anything else, the enthusiasm from this DFO officer over receiving enough evidence is warming.  I know they want to stop this kind of thing, but the Harper Gov't has decimated their abilities to enforce.

banx

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2015, 12:24:18 PM »

good on you man.

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2015, 08:07:27 AM »

I say keep taking and sending the pics/videos in.  You are doing a service by doing this.

--Totally agree... it may be frustrating but the bean counters take note. If report numbers are down that is an excuse to not continue or to further reduce the service.
--I saw this in compliance...forests...huge number of violation reports. Government didn't like it for PR reasons... so they changed the criteria for reporting. That is they allowed companies to record violations and keep a record of them... rather than reporting them on the system. Guess what .... number of reported violations went way down... problem solved.

--Keep on reporting and ranting...