Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stave  (Read 9411 times)

fic

• Old Timer
Re: Stave
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 08:12:04 AM »

i went to vedder today i should have went to the stave instead i wont be keeping them anyways just catch and release lol
You can fish both rivers the same day.  They are pretty close together.

Min

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 08:11:06 PM »

Saturday is November 9th... Hmm, there won't be any chum salmon in the Stave River then unfortunately.

They'll all be in Chilliwack, at the used fishing tackle swap meet because that's where all the good spoons, spinners and jigs will be.

Not bad Rodney!   ;D

Humpy

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 10:07:01 PM »

Can somebody help me out a little, I want to fish the stave, I have some cured roe I could use, and I will bring some jigs, spoons, spinners, and wool. Just wondering is it worth it to bring roe? Anybody know of the parking situation as of late? I only have a couple pinks in the freezer and want to add some more fish to the freezer. Thanks
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 10:07:57 PM »

Can somebody help me out a little, I want to fish the stave, I have some cured roe I could use, and I will bring some jigs, spoons, spinners, and wool. Just wondering is it worth it to bring roe? Anybody know of the parking situation as of late? I only have a couple pinks in the freezer and want to add some more fish to the freezer. Thanks

What do you want chum or coho?
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

Humpy

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 11:20:07 PM »

chum

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2013, 06:24:30 AM »

chum

Float fish jigs with a piece of a prawn. Pink, pink & purple, and purple jigs I have found to work well for them, damn near every cast if you can find a decent area. Make sure that you are well off bottom with the jig. I usually am around 2 1/2 feet jig to float and the water is about 6-7 feet deep where I go.

DC1980

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 08:11:30 AM »

What about Coho in the Stave, the only place i have seen any coho is the toilet bowl.  I prefer to fish the west side but i havent seen many coho.  Will they be at the Dam or slacker water towards the mouth?

Funeral Of Hearts

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 08:20:17 AM »

There are coho throughout the river. Top to bottom. You just have to look for them.

jazzhead

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2013, 08:33:50 AM »

based on what i read so far, Coho prefer slower moving water? so look for them in pooling water?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 08:54:35 AM by jazzhead »

Humpy

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2013, 09:16:49 AM »

Float fish jigs with a piece of a prawn. Pink, pink & purple, and purple jigs I have found to work well for them, damn near every cast if you can find a decent area. Make sure that you are well off bottom with the jig. I usually am around 2 1/2 feet jig to float and the water is about 6-7 feet deep where I go.
Thanks for the reply, I'm just going to fish the east side where I usually fish. I don't have cured prawn, but I do have cured roe and cured krill.

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2013, 05:29:58 PM »

Thanks for the reply, I'm just going to fish the east side where I usually fish. I don't have cured prawn, but I do have cured roe and cured krill.

No need for the prawns to be cured, I usually add a bit of course salt to them to toughen them up a bit. I use the ones from a shrimp ring and cut each prawn in half so that they last longer. Easy to go through an entire ring of prawns in a day there when fishing is hot lol

Outdoorsman

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2013, 06:23:18 PM »

And easy to go through when the fishing is slow too.... damn tasty things..  ;)

Humpy

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2013, 06:24:12 PM »

Thanks, Anybody know any access points to the west side, never been on that side. Was wondering if it is less of walk and if there is even legal parking there.

bunnta

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2013, 06:34:33 PM »

there are spots to park, just require walking. Don't pay attention to some of the parking signs as some of them are not "right". Someone have took time to erase the arrow pointing in the direction you can't park. From what i heard, people were still getting ticket for parking in these areas which should be addressed. That is up to you to decide if the risk is worth it, look closely and you will see that the arrow was scratched off.

Humpy

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2013, 07:53:59 PM »

Is this on the west side? Anybody know of approximately where to start looking for a parking spot on the west side?