Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fly fishing opportunities in late May/Early June?  (Read 3521 times)

DBM

Fly fishing opportunities in late May/Early June?
« on: April 08, 2006, 01:11:40 PM »

Hi folks,

I don't get out as much as I used to.  I used to get out up to 5 times a week, now I'm lucky if it's once a month  :(.

Anyhow, my father is coming to visit from back east and we always plan a trip when he's here.  No better way to spend time with Dad then trout fishing IMHO.  We're both fly chuckers and are hoping to hit one of our local rivers for some trout fishing.  Any suggestions for late May/Early June?  Don't need a secret locale, just wondering about what options we may have.

I keep telling him to come in the fall for the Skagit but he can't get the time off of work. :)

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
Re: Fly fishing opportunities in late May/Early June?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 12:07:18 PM »

Hmm - sorry, I don't know of any river fishing for trout in May/June.  I suppose you could always hit the Vedder - but it closes down for June and re-opens in July.  I've caught several trout in the Vedder while flyfishing for those reds in July.  If you're into lake fishing, May/June is PRIME TIME!  This is my favorite time.  In my experience, nothing beats those prime Kamloops trout on the fly - and that includes salmon and steelhead!

sliverbullet

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 12:53:47 PM »

skagit river/similkamine are good

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 05:17:49 PM »

its only a two and a half hour drive to most of the merritt area lakes from here...do it right and head up that way!!  Thats a perfect time to hit lots of lakes in that area.