Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Found this yesterday  (Read 5175 times)

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
Re: Found this yesterday
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 05:56:54 PM »

Never said it was a hard hike or if the river even has hatchery fish in it... I don't think it would even be that difficult to skin a fish like that. Get the skin starting to come off then hook the lower jaw on a branch or a corner of a big pointed rock and start tugging. Probably could do the whole process in like 3-5 minutes I would be guessing.
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 06:02:04 PM »

You'd think if someone cut the meat out, or pulled the skin off, the skin would have been left inside out no? Unless the poacher turned it back scales out after???

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 06:12:10 PM »

Never said it was a hard hike or if the river even has hatchery fish in it... I don't think it would even be that difficult to skin a fish like that. Get the skin starting to come off then hook the lower jaw on a branch or a corner of a big pointed rock and start tugging. Probably could do the whole process in like 3-5 minutes I would be guessing.
Kinda like I used to skin muskrats ;)   

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 06:16:04 PM »

You'd think if someone cut the meat out, or pulled the skin off, the skin would have been left inside out no? Unless the poacher turned it back scales out after???

It was inside out when found, then got turned back as I was curious if it had an adipose on it...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 06:17:55 PM by Johnny Canuck »
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

joshhowat

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2013, 09:31:51 PM »

I think it was skinned because its a lot easier to hide a bunch of meat then a 8 lbs whole wild steelhead.....

Makes sense to me, scum bags can be pretty smart.

As for a lot of work to just poach some steelhead.... I have seem some amazing poaching happening way hell and back in the bush. You can always tell there up to no good when you pop out of the bush and their eyes grow the size of golf balls and they scurry off like a rat.. they are.
Eat, Sleep, Fish.