Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: any recommend guide on stamp river?  (Read 5241 times)

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
Re: any recommend guide on stamp river?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 05:12:39 PM »

Nope fished saturday and hopefully hit it one more time this week. We didnt touch anything either

gofish

• doh!
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2008, 10:22:50 AM »

Younggun- David and Marilyn don't guide on the Stamp, they only fish on the west coast in the summer. Yes, its cold and low over there, but it is not quite as bleak as some of these reports. The Sproat is really low and will stay that way until the cold snap is over and some of the snow melts or it rains Boats are not getting all the way up to Watty's. ( maybe Kenny could with in his zodiac but didnt see him try while we were there ) Murphies and Nick are mainly fishing the lower and Mat is mainly jigging summers/fall fish in the upper. The bucket looks too low to me to boat but my opinion only.  We fished Dec 17-20.  3 days on our own, 1 day with Kevin from Murphies. Yes, we froze our asses off, yes our rod guides iced,  yes it snowed. Only caught a few summers walking the Sproat, but got a couple of winters per day out of the Stamp just walking. On our day with Kev we landed 6 ocean bright fish, 3 complete with sealice, and had another 4 unbutton on us as well.  All below the bucket, and got half of them in one run near Galaxy,  so I wouldnt say it is too bleak out there at all. This cold is great, it keeps everyone at home! If the armchair fishermen need the hero pictures of the fish we caught so they dont bitch and whine, email me.  :-*
Here is a pic of Kev earning his money!

get off the couch

hotrod

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2008, 11:16:45 AM »

Wow!

What a great shot of Kevin!  I love it and have seen him work this hard on many occasion! Thanks for the report!

Hotrod

JWRIGHT

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2008, 02:57:11 PM »

get a hold of one of the Murphy brothers at the marina
i went on a one day trip with Dave a few years back and had a great time
he took us down the river on a drift boat

hotrod

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2008, 05:34:22 PM »

Looks like that heater is out of commission on that shot too!