Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: any recommend guide on stamp river?  (Read 5239 times)

yakideath12

any recommend guide on stamp river?
« on: December 10, 2008, 12:01:20 PM »

I am planing to go to stamp river on the weekend, any recommend guide on stamp river? ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: any recommend guide on stamp river?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 12:09:12 PM »

yakideath12

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 12:44:05 PM »

thank you Rod. ;D

fishherron

• DSC00434-001
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 10:26:39 AM »

Give Matt a call 250 735 8867. He was with Murphy's for a number of years. Wants to go on his own. Knows the river really well. I was out with him last week got as many as I could handle.
Fish for all your worth but, remember what the fish are worth.

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 08:50:15 PM »

forget about going at all, its been terrible
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

roeman

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 11:39:33 PM »

forget about those guys go with nick at west coast river charters i know him well very friendly and great sportsman
Recommending someone is great, but to say "forget about those guys and go with your recommendation" 
I don't know, I would not want to be the guy you are recommending, these guys probably know each other, and your wording makes it sound like they don't know what they are doing....
Are you fishin or catchin

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 10:51:10 AM »

forget about going at all, its been terrible

Yup. Been here since Monday. Hooked one winter and lost it. Landed a couple summers. It's been the hardest fishing i've ever experienced. Hands are completely numb, guides freeze up every cast, centerpin is clogged with ice so i had to switch to a baitcaster, line has ice accumulate on it so it doesn't feed out the guides.

My advice is wait till it warms up atleast a little bit.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 11:05:01 AM »

Dion with the line freezing problem, add fly line dressing to it, just run it through a wet patch of material, the east coast guru's said that should cure your problem, Where's the vaseline for the guides?

A recomendation on guides would be David or Merolin (i cant spell) Murphy, my uncle Peter has been acaintences with them for a few years.
Fish killer 101

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 03:42:45 PM »

Younggun why are you recomending guides just because your uncles met them? Dion were you out today? Bloody cold and no fish to be seen. At least there wasnt much snow in port. I agree with others though wait till it warms up and the river gets some more water in it. Not worth the trip right now
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 03:58:19 PM by Rodney »

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 04:05:31 PM »

i'm recomending them because my uncles met them, knows them, fished with them, caught fish with them. I think thats what "Yakideath" is asking for.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 04:06:42 PM by Rodney »
Fish killer 101

Steelhead King

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 11:11:49 PM »

i say go for Kenny Myers, he is one of the best  if not the best guide on that system. He knows every single rock on each run and pool. He will try anything to connect you with the fish.  i believe his had a web site  as well, try searching fishmister.com goodluck. 

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 01:10:06 AM »

Ken Meyer's site it fishmyster.com

Kellya: I was out today and each of the previous 4 days. Hooked one this afternoon but lost it due to some technical difficulties. ::)  Also saw a chromer hooked on the island by falls pool. I landed about a half dozen summers this trip, and lost a few others. Basically this trip was to learn the basics of the river and hopefully get a few to hand. I did both so I am happy.

hotrod

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 07:02:01 AM »

I would have to say go with Murphy's boys for guiding! He has a service that just can't be beat!  He has good quality guides working for him!  I have fished with all of them and have always been extremely happy with what they all have offered. All the guides are priced about the same so it's up to you who to go with!  There are of course other guides on the river that are very good too but I always prefer to go with Murphy's guys.

Hotrod

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 11:34:46 AM »

Dion were you on the sproat yesterday as well? Unlucky timing for a trip we were doing well this time last year but everyone says its dead aswell.Younggun you said in your first post they were aquaintances. That means he has met them.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2008, 04:58:56 PM »

I fished the Sproat on Wed and Friday evening. On friday evening i saw someone on the opposite side of the river walking up top to the lake. They hooked and landed something. Was that you?