Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Product review  (Read 4959 times)

bentrod

• Old Timer
Re: Product review
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 06:23:48 AM »

Have not tried the G3's on yet, they look sweet though.  It sounds to me like your river teks are the wrong size and/or last.  These boots are not really something that breaks in too much, so the fit probably won't change too much.  Part of the problem might also be the foot on your waders.  You might have a seam on the back of your heel which is rubbing. 

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007, 09:11:57 AM »

Hahaha Bravo Mastercaster !!!  ;D ;D the next time I see you I expect you to sing that for us LOL
As for ABA's idea .. maybe it would work , but you're ideas usually suck so I am not gonna hold my breath  ;D
TR

I am still hungry

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2007, 03:06:41 PM »

Hey, I sing like a bird,  reminiscent of a young crow waiting to be fed.....and the best part is, once a song gets stuck in my head I sing it all day long!

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 03:40:17 PM »

Hey, I sing like a bird,  reminiscent of a young crow waiting to be fed.....and the best part is, once a song gets stuck in my head I sing it all day long!

What about that one by Culture Club, you know:  "Karma Karma Karma Karma Karma Chameleon, you come and go, you come and go..ooo...oooo.   ;D

Back on topic:

So, DS:  you're saying that there might be some manufacturers who have some weird end product agreement?  Can you give some examples of who these manufacturers might be?  And, if we are aware of them then we could post that this manufacturer has not consented to a product review. Lets everyone know that the manufacturer might have something to hide in their product (or not)  but still conform to their legal requests.  And, then the buyer can make an informed decision if he/she will purchase this product.  Truly, Caveat Emptor.
President Club S. C. & P.

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2007, 08:41:45 PM »

I've never read or would be bullied by some fanthom company saying I don't have the right to free speech..Or does that not apply up here??? give me a break..

Hodman (oops misspelled) waders were about the biggest waste of money I've ever spent..and that's hard for me considering....I got their breathables and they breathed the wrong way in less then a month...total garbage, no return either by the store I got them at..

Second would be Orivis (oops) and their hardware and packs, I have bought forceps that the cuts to close them had been so poorly cut they wouldn't close, the scissor function couldn't cut a fart...other then that they looked good, I got their double zinger, as we know all new fly guys love to stick every possible stupid thing on our vests so they can identify you as a beek...The pliers are a dead give away...the zinger on it's first visit to the lake fell off and sunk to the bottom with my fancy ceramic clippers that couldn't cut...oh I used that already...I bought their wading belt and the water bottle didn't come with it, when you put one in the pouch it stabbed you in the back or fell out...such horribly overpriced crap it dumbfounds me...

My Simms freestone boots are excellent, they are big enough for my wide feet...tough mothers too...I have the lt's? too for summer wear, they are a bit on the narrow side so only fit with thin socks...so..summer boots...My simms Classic guide waders and jacket are some of the best i've owned or worn, got nothing but love for them...my simms hats are not bringing me any luck catching steelhead..so my lucky hat search continues...

Geez....im hungry..
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 09:18:53 AM by Xgolfman »