Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mid-Island Fishing?  (Read 1736 times)

kindalonismo

Mid-Island Fishing?
« on: December 19, 2013, 10:09:39 PM »

Hey guys,

I just want to start off that I am not looking for anyone to give away any spots on public forum but had a couple of questions and hoping someone can give me a starting off point?  :)  I'm over in the Parksville/Qualicum area during Christmas and looking to do a bit of walk & wade.  Just wondering if there is anyone who could offer a bit more info on the area.  I have done some research and have a couple of spots in mind, also have checked the regs, but just looking for a jumping off point?  PM or DM would be great if anyone has anything to offer!

Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas!

brandooner

Re: Mid-Island Fishing?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 08:20:56 AM »

sent ya a PM
The Fishin' Musician!

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 03:49:22 PM »

The two qualicum rivers always have trout in them so that's an option, maybe you'll get really lucky and find a steel but that's unlikely. Just check the regs as most of the rivers in that area are highly regulated! I'm not sure if Nile Creek Fly shop has updated reports but they used to so worth a look on their website as well. They cover most of the fishing in that area. Good luck!
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

kindalonismo

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 09:55:28 PM »

Thanks so much for the feedback brandooner & Steely.  I will make sure I have the most up to date regs & looked up the Nile Creek Fly shop and will give them a call.  Hopefully I will be able to get out over Christmas!  :)  Thanks again!

brandooner

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 11:55:42 PM »

Good luck out there!!
The Fishin' Musician!