Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Roe Fly Thread  (Read 1312 times)

Every Day

• Old Timer
New Roe Fly Thread
« on: January 14, 2014, 11:24:48 PM »

It's that time of year again. I always like to update the Roe Fly threads every year during steelhead season, because this is where they excel. If you are tired of using bait, or don't have any, these are a good substitute! They are also the perfect option for bait ban flows!

Besides Steelhead they will also take a variety of other fish species. They work equally as well on Cutthroat, egg feeding rainbows, and browns as they do on steelhead. They will also work well on Chinook, coho and chum. Other fish I have caught besides the species listed above include Whitefish and bull trout. All around, they'll pick almost anything up that you will encounter in B.C.!

Roe Flies are a fly designed by myself as a roe imitation that incorporates lots of movement and a jig like motion. They were first designed as a roe substitute for chinook on the island, but I quickly discovered they are one of the best things I have used on steelhead, and are now my go to on all bait ban flows.

A few changes have been made since the last thread... mainly fur colour changes and price. The peachy pink is no longer available (they discontinued the fur for some reason), instead I have the following colours of fur (also have white as always):

Fleshy pink

Fluorescent Orange

Hot orange

Peach

Peachy orange

Shrimpy pink

The fly sizes as always are:

Small - size 4 hook with 2 eggs
Medium - size 1 hook with 3 eggs
Large - size 1/0 hook with 5 eggs

The three sizes

Prices
Large - $2.50
Medium - $2.25
Small - $2.00
Shipping - $4.00

Also this year I have a couple more options:

UV option - add 25 cents/fly

More eggs per fly (say a "small" size with 4 eggs instead of 2) - add 10 cents/extra egg

Any orders should be sent to steelheadfishing@hotmail.com. I check my emails daily and you will normally get a response the day you place an order. Most orders will be tied within a 3 day period, unless they are large.

Happy fishing.
Cheers!

Dan

P.S. ALL fur colours and egg colours I have in stock right now can be seen here:
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=85b40cd5658860a6#cid=85B40CD5658860A6&id=85B40CD5658860A6%21430

Feel free to mix and match colours up!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 11:34:35 PM by Every Day »

Hambone

Re: New Roe Fly Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 06:44:23 PM »

Bump...
Awesome looking flies. Looking forward to trying them out.

Jewelz

• I've got the bug
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 06:14:33 PM »

Just sent u an email...
Peace. One. Jewelz.
"Who knew that fishing was this addicting..."

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 06:20:39 PM »

I bought some of these two seasons ago, I still have a few and have caught chum with them. No steelies, but I don't spend a ton of time chasing steel (cause you need a lot of time) ;).

jessestmars

• BC Fishing Journal
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 04:11:59 PM »

These look great! Sent an email order.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 09:20:43 AM »

Hey guys!

I didn't realize this thread had been bumped - which resulted in some orders coming through the past few days.

I'm right in the middle of exam week, and also working on a couple big orders, so any orders place will unfortunately not be able to be started until the end of next week at the earliest.

Sorry for any delays. I'll bump the thread to the top again when I'm able to tie orders quickly again!

Thanks,
Dan