Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: vedder jan 21  (Read 3593 times)

Ho whacker

vedder jan 21
« on: January 21, 2007, 02:56:34 PM »

Out on the ved today ,no fish for me but i did hear of some hatchery steelies  caught .water is pretty good in alot of plaes but still places down river are a bit too coulored. no first steelie for me this time, cant wait till next week.
Theres no fish in the harrison I swear ;)

Hook Set

Re: vedder jan 21
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 08:38:33 PM »

3 Hatchery steelhead today landed by me and my Girlfriend, i hooked all 3 and she landed 2, we killed a 13# doe and a 10# buck, released a 13 # buck

Nice job, I am looking forward to getting into my first one ever. One of these days :)

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 12:04:39 AM »

Cammer: I have a question for you. What would have been your answer to  a C.O. if he stumbled upon the scene and saw you still fishing for Steelhead.  Assuming you released fish #1, bonked fish #2, but still continued to fish for Steelhead. Just curious.... ???

nosey

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 09:19:59 AM »

The way it should have worked is after one fish was bonked and tagged only one rod should have been fishing, to do it any other way means that you're one of those guys that thinks all those regulations are just for other people. I imagine that's why Cammer landed the third one because his girlfriend had tagged out and quit fishing.

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 10:20:39 AM »

How often does cammer take his girls friend fishing?  I cant recall a single report where he talked of it, so maybe this was a special situation like a guided trip on the stamp where 2 fish a day is the limit...maybe the 1 released hatch was a summer?  Lets say you get a small hatchery fish early in the day, I have seem many released so fishers can continue to fish.  Indeed there are 2 many variables we arent aware of.

Who knows, the one thing I think is that Bill has him pegged!   Cammer knows the rules well enuff not to post a report that totally violoates regulations...right?

All I can tell you is that from my experience, you can get fined for passing a rod.  A DFO offiers told me a fish is associated to the liscence of the fisher who HOOKS the fish, not who lands it.  When I was just starting getting into sockeye fishing, I had a guy pass off to my dad and I 3 times (ya we were real nubes at that point).  I think he was fishing for a spring or something like that.  Anyhow an undercover officers working the scale bar wrote him up for that and thats when I became aware of that "reg".  It could be they only enforce it when its to the extreme, ie a guy handing off numerous fish to others...I don't know.

I know this is a contensious reg as it really isnt well defined in the regs themselves.  I have passed and recieve a rod before and I am sure as I teach my 2 youngsters to fish, there will be a number of passed rods, but if you follow the regs precisely, passing a the rod is a no-no.

allwaysfishin

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 12:27:36 PM »

i don't think the second fish shoulda been killed... if this was any other fishery I prolly wouldn't blink an eye at seeing a rod passed off.
BUT the regulation states you kill a steelhead on the vedder. or chehalis or...... YOU are done for the day..
 the regulation applies to the PERSON, not the ROD used.
 I think, based on Cammer's depiction of events....AND if he was fishing a lowermainland river, he has blatantly violated the regulations and if I was lucky enough to be a C.O. and caught him... him and the girlfriend would be going home minus some gear and that would be just the start.
If he was fishing a river that allows more than 1 steelhead per day.... then everyone is getting upset for nothing...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 12:30:47 PM by allwaysfishin »

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 01:03:47 PM »

I guess the sytem is looking good now ;)

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 02:39:51 PM »

Cammer, what a nice day for you & girlfriend. Do you mind telling us where you hook into these steelies? I mean lower, mid, or upper river. Did you catch them first light? Thanks.

All Tangled Up

• Go Fish!
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 06:00:16 PM »

I don't care either way but it seems like self incrimination to me! If you hooked all 3 but your girlfriend landed 2, then one of you was fishing illegally. Like I said I don't care because you didn't go home with more than your limit for your party, but be carefull on how you word your posts. There is no need to give out too much information. All that needed to be said is that you and your girl went fishing, hooked a few and took home 2 beauties. Well done!

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 06:06:13 PM »

ever thought....he hooked on passed it to his gf. She landed and released it. He kepted fishing hooked yet another and passed it off to his gf. She lands and kills it. He then proceeds to fish because the fish would be killed under her liscence. She brought it in.. Then he fishing and get one and bonks his own. Anyone thought of that. Sounds fine to me.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 06:11:37 PM »

But that would be too easy wouldn't it cohokid? Cammer poorly worded his report, so he must be guilty! ;D

You beat me by a few minutes as I was about to type the same thing. Good to see the youngsters can still stay clear headed without being influenced by the crowd.

I'm not running People's court here, why must we go through this type of judgemental behaviour again and again?

As much as Cammer irritates me sometimes, this isn't needed.

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 07:02:50 PM »

hahaha, i was going to say this alot earlier. But i didnt want to type. then i thought i better say it.

lakebait

• I am a genius!
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 08:12:37 PM »

wow ! you people must have too much time on your hands to analyse this to this extent.

Poor guy just wanted to tell and exciting story and people start ripping him apart.....shame on you!

His story was about a nice day fishing with his girlfriend, two people took two fish home...nice day, good fishing, end of story.

Leave them alone!
Golfers golf their IQ. A golfer in the 70's can't do anything else!

I am a Genius!

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 10:04:53 PM »

wow ! you people must have too much time on your hands to analyse this to this extent.

Poor guy just wanted to tell and exciting story and people start ripping him apart.....shame on you!

His story was about a nice day fishing with his girlfriend, two people took two fish home...nice day, good fishing, end of story.

Leave them alone!

I agree, the guy is getting his girlfriend into this great sport and letting her enjoy the fight of a steelhead. Big deal! 

Good for you Cam.

Fish on!