Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FishBrain?  (Read 3908 times)

nevertoolate

FishBrain?
« on: December 06, 2014, 09:02:16 AM »

Did anyone see the article in the Sun today.  Anyone already using this app?  (FishBrain).   Apparently U.S. anglers spend $48 billion on tackle and gear every year,   3x what is spent on the music world wide.  What are the implications?   Enough fish to go around?  (Given my own luck since I started over the past 6 months I dont think there is anything to worry about on that score.)

dobrolub

Re: FishBrain?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 02:02:46 PM »

I am surprised the modern-day shít-music is making any money at all.

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 03:01:05 PM »

in the U.S. the B.A.S.S. group probably accounts for most of the total. Just look at Bass pro shops...the place is huge!. One manager at my work came from Georgia and all he could talk about was bass and catfish. Mention salmon or trout and the conversation went mute. Americans spend a lot on gear.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 02:06:33 PM »

Here's a snapshot of freshwater recreational fishery's annual economic impact in this province.

Brian the fisherman

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 09:55:09 AM »

if it makes us so much money, why is the govt so unwilling to contribute more funds  for river systems that gets massive population per year. perhaps spend some on enforcement.

To me it seems like they do not care at all.
Tight lines to all

A Frayed Knot

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 10:23:34 AM »

I think those numbers might slightly askew.

Has anyone ever looked at the actual cost of making vs market up values? At Least to when it comes to expenditures towards tackle.
For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

A Frayed Knot

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 10:30:41 AM »

Complete report can be read at:

http://gofishbc.com/docs/default-source/economic-analysis/2013_bc_freshwater_sport_fishing_economic_impact_report.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Thanks, I guess this proves many points in the past. Got this as a neat little PDF to read, but at a glance it looks well put together.
For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish.