Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: local salt report, sept 29  (Read 1107 times)

allwaysfishin

local salt report, sept 29
« on: September 29, 2006, 05:17:42 PM »

well, not much has changed over the past few days except the bite timing. West Van/Cap is still producing springs for some lucky anglers, though the word has definately gotten out and there is an army of boats concentrating there. To get away from the crowds a good bet will be Pt. Grey down thru the T-10. The high slack tide switched from morning to afternoon as we enter the weekend so check your tide books for the best time to hit it. No reports of coho yet....... seems the sea has swallowed them up :-\ . Lot's of guys stopping in to stock up on anchovies and gear so expect local waters to be very busy this weekend.
that's all for now  ;)

guzziride

Re: local salt report, sept 29
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 10:17:13 PM »

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but what is "Pt. Grey down thru the T-1"? I'd love to get away from the crowds too! Thanks!

allwaysfishin

Re: local salt report, sept 29
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 11:13:54 AM »

Pt Grey is off the west side of UBC/ wreck beach area and the T-10 is a yellow marker buoy off the fraser mouth south of Pt Grey. If these are not familiar to you, Charts are availlable at Steveston Marine Hardware for about 20 bucks, drop by the vancouver store at west 3rd and fir st and i can show you the areas to concentrate on. I'm in the store thursdays to monday, ask for tom. Anyone not familiar with local saltwater should have these charts. There are two charts that cover the vancouver/ howe sound area, essential for any serious salt water fishing/prawning ect.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 11:15:56 AM by allwaysfishin »