Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: IT HAS BEGUN IN VANCOUVER  (Read 8539 times)

rg500

Re: IT HAS BEGUN IN VANCOUVER
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2008, 01:30:36 AM »

Mastercaster and Biff crack me up.  I say Biff for G.M. of the Vancouver Leafs brilliant absolutely brilliant !!

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2008, 11:52:43 AM »

Mastercaster and Biff crack me up.  I say Biff for G.M. of the Vancouver Leafs brilliant absolutely brilliant !!

I wouldn't last too long as GM with the 'direction' ownership wants to go. I'm a Nonis empathyzer.
Actions speak louder than words.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2008, 05:33:02 PM »

I got a call from Vancouver which surprised me after they read on this forum what I say about them. I thanked them for considering me but I said I have a good chance for the Leafs GM job as Sundin will return if I get the job. ;D ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2008, 07:16:46 PM »

Sorry to have to tell you Chris but you're not in the running for the Leaves job. ;D ;D I hear the job has been offered to Brian Burke.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2008, 07:23:02 PM »

Sorry to have to tell you Chris but you're not in the running for the Leaves job. ;D ;D I hear the job has been offered to Brian Burke.
If what you say is true I am heart broken, that Burke would get the job over me but of course the well being of the team comes first. ;D ;D

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2008, 03:20:43 PM »

For the sake of conversation I'd like to hear some proposals from everyone on what they would do to 'right the ship'.

I'm personally of the mindset that its always better to build from within but in the Canucks case, the cupboard is just only now starting to recover from the Brian Burke days. So with that in mind I'd would like to see deals made based on their long term reprecusions.

Some deals off the top of my head:

Cory Schnieder for T.J. Oshie.

The Blues are going to need someone to take the helm from Legace sooner rather than later. Based on this years performances, most Blues fans believe that neither Toivanen or Shwartz are capable. Schnieder is a stud in net and has huge potential, while Toivanen once had great potential now seems destined to become a backup. Oshie, is well on his way to becoming the impact winger the Canucks are in dire need of.

Kevin Bieksa + 10th overall for Zach Parise

The Devils are desperately in need of some sort of offensive presence on the blue line and as everyone here is painfully aware, the Canucks have depth to spare. While Parise was drafted 17th overall in the 03 draft, IMHO he was the 5th best player to come out of the draft (Staal, Phaneuf, Getzlaf, Vanek, Parise) and is well on his way to being a star player in the league. The 2008 draft is very comparable in terms of quality, so lets think of it as trading 10th overall + Bieksa for 5th overall which is pretty close in value and fills a need of each team.

Ok, I've taken a shot at it. Lets see what the rest of you can come up with.
Actions speak louder than words.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2008, 08:02:48 PM »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2008, 08:24:17 PM »

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2008/04/22/nhl-canucks-gillis.html?ref=rss

Looks like Gillis is the one.

Time will tell whether this is a bold or a dumb move by the Aquilini group. A guy with no management experience.

rg500

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2008, 09:27:52 PM »

Gilles had the cohones to say the Sedin's aren't the core members of the team he wants to build. If they are a top line which I don't think they are. They are a glorified second line that will never carry this team deep into a playoff run. They just don't have that sandpaper element that it takes to do damage in the post season. I would have liked to see Nonis in action with money to spend in the offseason to shore up the top 6. That being said its nice to see someone hired outside of the fraternity mentality of the Canucks that won't be afraid to make changes (Delorme please) Only time will tell.