Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Liberals Lose Another Member  (Read 10640 times)

Sandy

• Old Timer
Re: Liberals Lose Another Member
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 12:10:01 PM »

I guess Christy resigns next.

Yup, she was set up the sacrificial lamb or old ewe, I doubt the puppet master ever really intended for her to be at the lead when the next election came around. She was placed there as token lib.

As for Van Dongen, As quill said, He full new full well what was going on, and basically kept quiet until opportunity arose that was in his ,not the peoples benefit. He need not wrap the sheet of purity around himself, as I think most see through it.

As Christee, Although been well schooled in politics, she seemed to learn little, she really never has carried enough clout within.

hands up , who has lost a boarding pass ,movie ticket or what ? stupid but it happens there are accidents and then there are the real evaders.
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2012, 04:40:59 PM »

Swim,rat , SWIM! The (not so ) Good Ship Conservative is right there!

Try looking at Van Dongen's record on the fish farm file (and the tips he gave the before approving expansion). And that's just a little of the mud and boogers he swims in.
http://

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2012, 06:18:15 PM »

A rudder will turn a big ship...
A little tongue will create big fires...
A dis- honest / self serving leader will make bad decisions...

Yep - BC Rail leaps out front. Associations with known gangsters, etc. You want a load of more stuff?  

The leader will be the one who directs how a party will perform.
A leader with a bad heart will be bad for the province ( look what bad leaders did in history...hitler etc)

While I find Adrian Dix to not have been the best choice, I find it a stretch to see Hitler in him.That's a pretty repugnant statement for anyone with Jewish bloodlines, like I have.

The Liberals of the present ,in my opinion have a leader that has a good heart & character !!!

Christy Clarke ::)

She already has said that this province has to live in it's means or in a controlled budget.
Not give in to " give us more $$$$" from so many squeaky wheels.
Have you checked out the raises given to the executive class? Read this and defend it while the paramedics got sand kicked in their face and a whopping $2 an hour standby rate.:

http://www.kamloopsnews.ca/article/20120106/KAMLOOPS0101/120109859/-1/KAMLOOPS/iha-finds-savings-despite-senior-management-raises

She has said that tax payers are maxed out as is.
( she's not given in to 15% salary increase demands of the teachers...not given in to more gas cost increases for transit...not given in to new levies on veicles ) That's called stalling. There isn't even a date set to audit Translink. Yep, she's a peach.

If ya do not want your taxes to sky rocket vote for Christy. ;)

Yes indeed- just MSP premiums, executive salaries ., sneaky "fees", etc.

Try again. That was pretty easy pickings.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 06:29:29 PM by Novabonker »

scuntor

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2012, 09:17:34 PM »

"The Liberals of the present ,in my opinion have a leader that has a good heart & character !!!?
??? ??? ???
Uhh... ok... not even sure how to respond to such an interesting opinion. Novabonker beat me to the obvious stuff so I will leave it at that.

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2012, 12:59:41 PM »

The Liberals of the present ,in my opinion have a leader that has a good heart & character !!!

Christy Clarke.

If ya do not want your taxes to sky rocket vote for Christy. ;)

I'll add my opinion that you are totally out of touch with reality.

Besides the fact that Christy Clarke should be in jail and not our premier, a tax increase wouldn't kill us.
Between corporate taxes and personal taxes, it wouldn't take much of an increase to help things out.

I think that this province can increase taxes slightly to improve services.

Do you know what your provincal tax rate is?
6.38% on income up to $74,000.
BC tax rates are the lowest in the country: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/fq/txrts-eng.html

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2012, 01:22:15 PM »

I'll add my opinion that you are totally out of touch with reality.

I think that this province can increase taxes slightly to improve services.

Do you know what your provincal tax rate is?
6.38% on income up to $74,000.
BC tax rates are the lowest in the country: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/fq/txrts-eng.html

I'd like to meet you.....  I could put you in the category of the first person I've met that likes to pay more taxes.  ;D

Too bad there aren't more folks like you.....  it would make government work a breeze.       ::)
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2012, 01:48:31 PM »

RAFE HERE – A Short blog … please pass it on.

God knows I carry no brief for John Van Dongen. He was a terrible minister who bears the responsibility for the plague of fish farms we have slaughtering our wild salmon. His public pronouncements on the subject were straight from the Fish Farmers manual. H forgave and paid back all the fines assessed against the fish farmers and warned them when inspectors were coming over, which he had to resign from cabinet.

But Rich Coleman has disgraced himself and shown himself to be utterly untrustworthy. Here was Coleman telling how Van Dongen confided in him, over considerable time, and then discloses not only this fact but that Van Dongen was unburdening himself over his troubled private life. It’s hard to find words to use in describing such perfidy. The worst part is that he used these confidential revelations to pillory Van Dongen for party political purposes.

I’ve had my share of marital problems as I daresay have many of you. I have confided my grief – and indeed guilt – to a friend I trusted. I can’t imagine how I’d feel if that person were to make these confidential disclosures public.

Rich Coleman, who so obviously is after Christy Clark’s job, if he has a soupcon of morality in his soul, owes Mr Van Dongen a public ands fulsome apology.

­­­­­­­­­­­­­\

I cannot believe that Vaughn Palmer, in today’s Sun, says that NDP leader Adrian Dix, on receiving a warning for not having a Skytrain ticket, should have given out a press release!

I have no idea whether or not Dix is telling the truth about not having a ticket but, of critical importance is the fact that the Skytrain “police” believed him.

Mr Dix has had credibility problems in the past and the voters will judge those in due course. I was much disappointed in his lack of forthrightness in the interview I had with him.

My political Axiom 2 says “you don’t have to be a 10 in politics – you can be a 3 if everyone else is a 2.  For me, at present, Dix is a 3 in a sea of 2s.

For Palmer to suggest that being let off with a warning requires a press release tells me that he’s concerned that recently he has, ever so slightly, fallen off the Liberal wagon and is trying to make amends.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 09:00:06 AM »

UPDATE - George Abbott and Kevin "Costello" Falcon were seen lingering near the lifeboats of the (Bill) Good ship Titanic Liberal.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2012, 09:08:48 AM »

I'd like to meet you.....  I could put you in the category of the first person I've met that likes to pay more taxes.  ;D

Too bad there aren't more folks like you.....  it would make government work a breeze.       ::)

I don't care who you are - THAT THERE IS REAL FUNNY!!!

Weren't you the individual that was heaping praise on the HST? Is there a river close by? I think all the fish in the barrel are shot. Sprinkle some more hypocrisy on your corn flakes AF. ;D ;D

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2012, 09:28:23 AM »

I don't care who you are - THAT THERE IS REAL FUNNY!!!

Weren't you the individual that was heaping praise on the HST? Is there a river close by? I think all the fish in the barrel are shot. Sprinkle some more hypocrisy on your corn flakes AF. ;D ;D

What's funny is that you apparently don't recognize sarcasm ......  ;D  ;D 

The roll eyes  ::) emoticon will always give you your biggest clue.

Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2012, 06:34:17 AM »

I do think there's 100 million or so that won't reach into the average citizen's pocket by reversing Carol Taylor's last gift tax break to banks. ( funny how she got a plum job within the banking sector right after ::))The banks pay jack spit in income taxes so the corporate capital tax is a gimme. Also, a 1% raise in the corporate tax rate, claw back a little on the UPPER LEVELS of income tax pay a little more and pretty soon we're talking real money.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2012, 06:09:53 PM »

I remember the police going into the legislature to investigate a crime:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BC_Legislature_Raids

Christie dropped out of politics no doubt told to leave because there was a good chance she was going to be arrested. But as usual our laws seem or do protect the criminals more than the victims. As an added bonus and a salute to William Shatners "wierd or what" she now is the premier of lotusland. That other nut bar van Dongen is ripe to cut his ear off.

If your more comfortable with Christie than maybe the NDP good on ya. Your truely lotusland material.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 06:11:32 PM by troutbreath »
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2012, 06:50:40 PM »