Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Liberals Lose Another Member  (Read 10641 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Liberals Lose Another Member
« on: March 26, 2012, 02:47:27 PM »

John van Dongen long time BC Liberal has left the party and is joining the  BC Conservatives.
Another nail in the coffin of the BC Liberal Party and Christy?

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
Re: Liberals Lose Another Member
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 03:02:52 PM »

Another nail in the coffin of the BC Liberal Party and Christy?

One can certainly HOPE Chris!!  ;D

Cheers,
Nog

ynot

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 06:37:28 PM »

and adrian dix was caught on skytrain without a ticket, thats the kind of leader we need.

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 06:57:46 PM »

and adrian dix was caught on skytrain without a ticket, thats the kind of leader we need.
  ;D

quill

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 07:10:42 PM »

Do you really believe the man who wants to be Premier would intentionally fare-jump? How many other politicians are even riding Sky train?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 07:18:37 PM »

And then the leader of John's new party got fined for fishing during a closed time but that is another story. ::)

norton

Re: Liberals Lose Another Mem
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 07:34:24 PM »

Seems funny that van dongen and barrypenner both resign.must be something going on behind the scenes.

quill

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 08:14:21 PM »

For some time the speculation has been that the Premier was the insider leak behind the sale of BC Rail. http://alexgtsakumis.com/2012/03/22/exclusive-during-rcmp-surveillance-of-dave-basi-deputy-premier-christy-clark-was-in-the-cross-hairs-of-the-rcmps-special-o-twice-how-does-this-square-with-the-crowns-and-premier-clarks-d/ This would be a serious breach of the oath of office if true.

van Dongen makes a veiled reference to this in a following interview pledging to have his lawyer look into it.http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/03/26/bc-van-dongen-to-conservatives.html

I'm little more than an armchair political pundit but it seems as if this story and some facts may soon be coming out, either privately or through an NDP-led enquiry if and when.

Better to jump ship and hope that none sticks to you when the story does break.

Cummins should be careful whom he lets into the fold because these "insiders" likely knew what was going on long ago and didn't say boo until it became clear that attempts at cover-up were going to be unsuccessful.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 08:42:08 PM »

Politics is dirty business.
Parties throwing mud pies at each other.
Then same members within a party hide the knives to eventually stab each other in the back.

I trust Christy Clarke .
My gut feeling.
Adrian Dix not paying fare !  Not a very good sign of character. Stealing a million or not paying fare is cheating the system & we the people.
Free loader.

Mind you I'm still partying since hearing shifty eyes plastic smile Gordo left the scene.  :D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 08:47:20 PM »

Politics is dirty business.
Parties throwing mud pies at each other.
Then same members within a party hide the knives to eventually stab each other in the back.

I trust Christy Clarke .
My gut feeling.
Adrian Dix not paying fare !  Not a very good sign of character. Stealing a million or not paying fare is cheating the system & we the people.
Free loader.

Mind you I'm still partying since hearing shifty eyes plastic smile Gordo left the scene.  :D

I guess Christy resigns next.

scuntor

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 08:56:52 PM »

Fry him for losing his ticket! My post is sarcasm... hoping your is too.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 08:58:00 PM »

Do you really believe the man who wants to be Premier would intentionally fare-jump?

Yup!

Look at his record.....
He committed fraud when he forged a memo in an attempt to cover up Glen Clarke's illegal deeds.

And now this ......http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20120326/bc_adrian_dix_skytrain_warning_120326/20120326/?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

This is a Dix character trait, not a couple of missteps!
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 09:08:21 PM »

He should have been given a ticket and not a warning

scuntor

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 06:48:50 AM »

Unreal that people actually think like this in the face of the most corrupt government ever! Also shocking is the 30% of people in BC who still have faith in this unethical government gongshow. FYI, I have never voted NDP. The guy LOST his ticket. He said he bought one and you don't believe him, I do. He admitted to backdating a memo and resigned. That was wrong and also many years ago. Not as long ago as the fraudulent sale of BC rail, however, or numerous other liberal misdeeds that far outweigh LOSING a transit ticket.

Yup!

Look at his record.....
He committed fraud when he forged a memo in an attempt to cover up Glen Clarke's illegal deeds.

And now this ......http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20120326/bc_adrian_dix_skytrain_warning_120326/20120326/?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

This is a Dix character trait, not a couple of missteps!

arimaBOATER

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 11:03:18 AM »

A rudder will turn a big ship...
A little tongue will create big fires...
A dis- honest / self serving leader will make bad decisions...

The leader will be the one who directs how a party will perform.
A leader with a bad heart will be bad for the province ( look what bad leaders did in history...hitler etc)

The Liberals of the present ,in my opinion have a leader that has a good heart & character !!!

Christy Clarke.

She already has said that this province has to live in it's means or in a controlled budget.
Not give in to " give us more $$$$" from so many squeaky wheels.

She has said that tax payers are maxed out as is.
( she's not given in to 15% salary increase demands of the teachers...not given in to more gas cost increases for transit...not given in to new levies on veicles )

If ya do not want your taxes to sky rocket vote for Christy. ;)