Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Aquaculture  (Read 68196 times)

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
Re: Aquaculture
« Reply #165 on: August 02, 2013, 09:18:38 PM »

Paint it with any brush you like Steve and try to spin my words, but you can't deny a few facts- 1 - the crap that comes from feedlots and settles to the bottom is filthy and full of chemicals and 2 - the same feedlots you defend so vigorously haven't proven to be the most responsible industries in , oh , let's say Norway, Scotland, Ireland and other places (like Saddle Island where there are NO MORE lobsters) they've turned into toilets and chemical soup. But I digress Sidestep and I'm sure you'll try some way of twisting these 2 simple facts and tell us it's no worse than chocolate ice cream.

No spinning at all, NB.  I have been chasing and you have been running.  For all I know you have ran as far as Ireland now where you are sharing a brewski with old Don talking about what went so wrong at the BC Court of Appeal.  But I have to admit it is getting boring now.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 09:27:15 PM by shuswapsteve »

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #166 on: August 03, 2013, 07:25:39 AM »

There you go again. Have you ever seen me quoting Don anywhere? No. As far as busting myths, I'm going to have to chip away , a little at a time. Despite being unable to physically work, my business is growing with sales up immensely since the HST got tossed ( much to AF's chagrin.) I apologize that I'm not able to deliver in a timely fashion. But please, AGAIN, I politely ask you not to spin my words or invent things and angles about me personally that just don't exist. They're not true and it bothers me that you spew innuendo that's utterly false . Sad to see you're doing that, as I do believe it cheapens you're side in the debate.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 08:31:15 AM by Novabonker »
http://

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #167 on: August 03, 2013, 05:37:42 PM »

Take the rest of the weekend off and read what you write NBs. :)

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #168 on: August 03, 2013, 09:46:17 PM »

There you go again. Have you ever seen me quoting Don anywhere? No. As far as busting myths, I'm going to have to chip away , a little at a time. Despite being unable to physically work, my business is growing with sales up immensely since the HST got tossed ( much to AF's chagrin.) I apologize that I'm not able to deliver in a timely fashion. But please, AGAIN, I politely ask you not to spin my words or invent things and angles about me personally that just don't exist. They're not true and it bothers me that you spew innuendo that's utterly false . Sad to see you're doing that, as I do believe it cheapens you're side in the debate.

What words was I "spinning"?

Hmmm...this is from the same person that said I must have had a paper route for a job....or was it making burgers...or was it Mary Kay....or was it all three?  Ahh yes...the Ghost of Forum Past reveals some interesting stuff.  Where you the same person that hounded me through most that thread wanting to know what I did for a living while trying to act funny and contributing little to the discussion, but still decided to assume that I was an fish farm industry shrill anyway.  If you ever really read my posts it is it pretty clear what I do - I am a biologist.  Absolon has even mentioned it.  Did you not say the following after posting a rugby illustration to ridicule me further.  Seems like you enjoy dishing it out, but not taking a little ribbing back:

Any time you want to play some rugby, let me know. My team needs a practice dummy and since you're apparently unemployed, we'd be pleased to pass around the hat after to help you out. I can give you a few bucks to mow my lawn and the wife will pay you a bit to scrub the toilet. It all adds up and we'll go through the larder and come with a few cans of beans and maybe some mac and cheese.

Enough about me Sidestep- How are you holding up being unemployed? Cheer up sunshine- Mary Kay sales aren't for everybody.Maybe you could try Amway or something else. I also think you'd make a great burger/ fries dude or sandwich artist as well with that charming personality. Dare to dream!

Did you not call me out a little while ago on this forum (actually this same thread) and asked why I and the rest of the crew ran away from the thread about benthic impacts followed by a little kick in the arse shot?

Just curious Steve that you and the rest of the feedlot crew ran away from the thread about the stuff under the net pens. No courage to your convictions?

So, what were you saying again about me inventing things and angles about you personally that just don't exist or spewing innuendo that's utterly false, Novabonker?  I will make this real simple: If you are going to come after me on this forum and call me out while being a hypocrite in the process be prepared for a response.  If you or any of your friends here want to talk about the issues, without accusing others of being industry shrills because they do not agree with you, then I am prepared to do that.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 10:02:41 PM by shuswapsteve »

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #169 on: August 03, 2013, 10:21:14 PM »

What words was I "spinning"?

Hmmm...this is from the same person that said I must have had a paper route for a job....or was it making burgers...or was it Mary Kay....or was it all three?  Ahh yes...the Ghost of Forum Past reveals some interesting stuff.  Where you the same person that hounded me through most that thread wanting to know what I did for a living while trying to act funny and contributing little to the discussion, but still decided to assume that I was an fish farm industry shrill anyway.  If you ever really read my posts it is it pretty clear what I do - I am a biologist.  Absolon has even mentioned it.  Did you not say the following after posting a rugby illustration to ridicule me further.  Seems like you enjoy dishing it out, but not taking a little ribbing back:

Any time you want to play some rugby, let me know. My team needs a practice dummy and since you're apparently unemployed, we'd be pleased to pass around the hat after to help you out. I can give you a few bucks to mow my lawn and the wife will pay you a bit to scrub the toilet. It all adds up and we'll go through the larder and come with a few cans of beans and maybe some mac and cheese.

Enough about me Sidestep- How are you holding up being unemployed? Cheer up sunshine- Mary Kay sales aren't for everybody.Maybe you could try Amway or something else. I also think you'd make a great burger/ fries dude or sandwich artist as well with that charming personality. Dare to dream!

Did you not call me out a little while ago on this forum (actually this same thread) and asked why I and the rest of the crew ran away from the thread about benthic impacts followed by a little kick in the arse shot?

Just curious Steve that you and the rest of the feedlot crew ran away from the thread about the stuff under the net pens. No courage to your convictions?

So, what were you saying again about me inventing things and angles about you personally that just don't exist or spewing innuendo that's utterly false, Novabonker?  I will make this real simple: If you are going to come after me on this forum and call me out while being a hypocrite in the process be prepared for a response.  If you or any of your friends here want to talk about the issues, without accusing others of being industry shrills because they do not agree with you, then I am prepared to do that.

You're losing it Stevey.....   

Word of advice..... stick to talking about feedlots and how good they are for wild salmon...
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #170 on: August 03, 2013, 10:46:42 PM »

Ahhh...and Whiner #2 now appears to offer advice.  Thanks.

dnibbles

« Reply #171 on: August 03, 2013, 10:58:44 PM »

Ahhh...and Whiner #2 now appears to offer advice.  Thanks.

Sideswap,

Churchill said it best.

"Never engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man"

Leave the poor boys alone, they are sensitive and get "easily bothered".

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #172 on: August 04, 2013, 08:04:25 AM »

Yes and I get punches thrown at me all the time- ( see posts in this thread and elsewhere- no crying from me) I take it with a grain of salt, and swing back. I'm sorry your so sensitive and will try in the future to consider how easily you become emotionally injured by my posts.

Meanwhile, back at the farm......

Has there ever been an independent study of the slop at the bottom of the feedlots? No Farmfisherbawb, not some claptrap from farmfishnonscience, but from a totally independent source? I'm curious to see what the results revealed.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #173 on: August 04, 2013, 08:28:29 AM »

Yes and I get punches thrown at me all the time- ( see posts in this thread and elsewhere- no crying from me) I take it with a grain of salt, and swing back. I'm sorry your so sensitive and will try in the future to consider how easily you become emotionally injured by my posts.

Good on ya Novabonker.... The feedlot boys appear to be a sensitive lot and we don't want to say anything that might hurt their feelings.   ;)

This thread is about the Aquaculture threat to our coastal environment and apparently they take that personally.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #174 on: August 04, 2013, 08:47:05 AM »

Really?
But please, AGAIN, I politely ask you not to spin my words or invent things and angles about me personally that just don't exist. They're not true and it bothers me that you spew innuendo that's utterly false . Sad to see you're doing that, as I do believe it cheapens you're side in the debate.

Unless one is doing it for the sheer joy of childish bickering, there isn't a lot of point in trying to have a discussion with someone who can't be consistent in what they say or the standards they apply and who won't concede their own obvious error even when it's staring them in the face.

Meanwhile, back at the farm......

Has there ever been an independent study of the slop at the bottom of the feedlots? No Farmfisherbawb, not some claptrap from farmfishnonscience, but from a totally independent source? I'm curious to see what the results revealed.

Perhaps you should go to Google and see if you can find your own answers rather than expecting someone else to do it for you. Report back on what you find.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #175 on: August 04, 2013, 10:20:09 AM »

Off topic a bit but does anyone know why AlMo's web site, "Salmon are Sacred", is down?

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #176 on: August 04, 2013, 10:35:25 AM »

another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #177 on: August 04, 2013, 04:04:23 PM »

I made my point . Not one of the pro feedlotters can come with an iota of proof that the garbage under the netpens is anything but toxic sludge. Despite trying to twist what I posted and "look it up yourself", they all tucked their tails between their legs and tried shooting the messenger.

Good on ya Novabonker.... The feedlot boys appear to be a sensitive lot and we don't want to say anything that might hurt their feelings.   ;)

This thread is about the Aquaculture threat to our coastal environment and apparently they take that personally.

Exactly. They can sling mud at me until the cows come home. I clean up real good! ;)

And, unlike a few here, I know how to grow a.......
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 04:15:13 PM by Novabonker »

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #178 on: August 04, 2013, 05:25:48 PM »

Threw them back under the netpen NB.

Time will tell the whole story about frankenfarming like these chem pilots espouse. Hopefully it's before too much damage is done. I just hope their wolfing down the dirty fish they keep rimming off on.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #179 on: August 04, 2013, 05:52:16 PM »

Off topic a bit but does anyone know why AlMo's web site, "Salmon are Sacred", is down?

May be using the same Webhost provider that Rodney uses.....   ;) (His site was down a few days ago)

Trying to catch up on some good reading Dave?