Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Capilano fishing help?  (Read 2963 times)

younggun

• Old Timer
Capilano fishing help?
« on: January 18, 2007, 06:52:50 PM »

Hey guys, i know i said that i was all that on the cap but i need help! ;D Is there anyone that fishes the river more than me and that knows when the majority of summer coho's and jack springs enter! I've caught fish in the cap in april but will there be a good run in june? Late may and june will be when i'll be out, will it be worth it!? If u dont mind if u give me ur number i can call u up in june and see if the fish are in or not! Hopefully all this snow will create enough run off to sustain water levels just enough so the fish can enter!
Fish killer 101

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Capilano fishing help?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 06:59:27 PM »

Fishing in June, July is really dependent on water levels.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 07:04:39 PM »

I hope my luck will be with me! I know how the river works, no rain no water. I'm hoping either there is gonna be one hell of alot of snow run off, or a fluke summer storm! Wish me luck!
Fish killer 101

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 07:05:22 PM »

Hey there younggun, I know the Cap better than I know my mom, I'll help you out. Give me a call anytime you like, my numbers 604-597-3075. I have'nt bought an FWR membership yet, something I plan on rectifying real soon, but for the moment I'm not able to PM you so thats why my numbers there. I also don't want to tell the whole planet what I plan on telling about the cap and so on. Shhh, our little secret ;). Give me a call anytime you like.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 07:55:05 PM »

will do thanks alot, expect a call from a 15 year old in a couple days and in mid may!  ;D Thanks for helpin me! I know the cap pretty well, like the inside of my room, but there's always some hidden secret that i haven't found yet! ;D :D
Fish killer 101

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 08:03:19 PM »

No problem, help out where I can. Who knows I might just be able to steer you into a couple fatties at a spot as beautiful as heaven and where few people go. Talk to you when you call.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 08:23:50 PM »

I dont have a ride, just he bus and my two feet! And I cant wade cus i'm not gonna take my chest waders on the bus and look like total tool! If the spot makes those standards then i'll be there, and i'll be checkin it out! I've got a map of all the trails so just need instructions of where to go and i'm good!
Fish killer 101

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 08:31:08 PM »

I'm stating that i'm dont wanna look like a freak on the bus, and that i dont have a ride so i need to take it! I think u miss understood me!
Fish killer 101

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 08:38:03 PM »

No problem, help out where I can. Who knows I might just be able to steer you into a couple fatties at a spot as beautiful as heaven and where few people go. Talk to you when you call.

Hey athezone, im the guy you were talking to about the cap at the derby  ;D mind if i tag along  ;) ;)

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 08:39:19 PM »

Oh my bad i guess i did! No i'm fine with a rod in my hand! Just not a big one cus it gt bulkey for me, in the canyon climbing down into spots it gets in the way and sometimes dangerous!

Ivan give me ur # and i'll call u when i'm goin! Sure u can tag along but u tell anyone where we go and . . . ;D Seriosly i hate it when people blab about spots!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 08:41:10 PM by younggun »
Fish killer 101

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 08:48:46 PM »

Hey if i dont take him then what! Who said we were goin to the honey runs! (not holes) No there in the canyon! Hiking is the name of the game, lot of work! I found a spot on my own last time that i really love! MAbey i will take him there, he can fish it and i will still have  the other spots on my own! ;D I also got to get to know the guy, i dont take every tom, dick, and harry to the cap!  U wanna come? Send me a line!
Fish killer 101

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 08:54:35 PM »

Hi there IvAn, I remember talking with you during derby day, yeah just give me a call and we'll see whats happening for that particular
day. It always depends on certain variables as to location for this little river specially in the last couple years the way they've been screwing around with the water levels. Anyways still a bit of time till anything in any numbers shows up but hey, you've got my no. now, just dial me up.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 09:02:44 PM »

THose are just spots, not the honey runs, DAd has scanned the river for years and has passed on the knowledge on to me! He knows the river really well from cable pool down to the highway bridge! Thats alot of water and spots! I have all that to fish! So i can give up a few average spots to the public! 

I ask again do u wanna come with me? Send me a line!
Fish killer 101

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 09:04:38 PM »

give me a minute!
Fish killer 101