Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: what kind of fish is this?  (Read 6177 times)

HOOK

• Old Timer
Re: what kind of fish is this?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 09:21:48 PM »

Yes Ed its right where it dumps. I got that on my first cast  ;D i couldnt believe the bend it put in an 8wt rod !!

and NO guys i would never day where this is to anyone. only certain people i fish with a trust to be hush hush know about this place or have already been there with me  ;) spots like this either have to be found yourself or "earned" i guess is the best way to put it.

jsut so noone gets sore about this i just want to make one example of hos this would turn out if we talked. Have you ever been to the Norrish(suicide) creek ?? If you have then you know the retarded amount of people that go there to catch coho, I used to go to this river as little as 5yrs ago and there was next to noone around, now if i want a decent spot on the better runs i have to be there 30-60mins BEFORE daylight  >:( I used to be able to fly fish this river which was the best way to catch fish (i think) but its to crowded now.

sorry for the mini rant but i am a little tired of people trying to guess places or blab where it is openly when its a small or somewhat secret place. I dont like to see places ruined with over crowding. and on the "earned" thing, what i mean by this is the showing of not being just another freezer filling meat fisherman. I fish this place even thought its completely catch and release which is the best part to me  ;D

I almost didnt post that first picture because i didnt want someone to recognize the area and say it out loud here on the forum. I would really appreciate it if this doesnt happen  ;D Thanks

whereismyfloat - We need to do some steely fishing this winter buddy. You've got a 2hander dont ya? or just swing with a single hander  ;)
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Clarki Hunter

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 11:24:03 PM »

That's a beauty cuttie Hook ;D  It looks to be about 5-6lbs?   Nice cuttie action everyone!  Here's one from last month before the mosoons.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 11:39:04 PM »

Yippy !!  ;DI love your way of measuring weight buddy LOL

22-23 inches should put it around 3-4lbs respectively. I find with trout especially that 24inch is the average beginning length for the 5lb range normally, of course there is always exceptions to any rules LOL my biggest rainbow (8 1/2 lbs) only lengthed out at like 29 inches but was so fat it was freaky  :o I have caught other trout that were longer but super skinny and only weighed out around 4lbs LOL like i said its just a rough guesstimation unless you actually weigh it. I love trout fishing just for things like the size ranges and looks of the fish from different areas/lakes/rivers.
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Clarki Hunter

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 08:06:00 AM »

Just trying to give props on the higher side  ;)  As you know it's hard to tell wieght from a pic.  It sure is a beauty, the largest I've caught is about 18" and it hit so hard it surprised me.  Didn't even have to set the hook, it took the fly down it's throat. 

Yippy !!  ;DI love your way of measuring weight buddy LOL

22-23 inches should put it around 3-4lbs respectively. I find with trout especially that 24inch is the average beginning length for the 5lb range normally, of course there is always exceptions to any rules LOL my biggest rainbow (8 1/2 lbs) only lengthed out at like 29 inches but was so fat it was freaky  :o I have caught other trout that were longer but super skinny and only weighed out around 4lbs LOL like i said its just a rough guesstimation unless you actually weigh it. I love trout fishing just for things like the size ranges and looks of the fish from different areas/lakes/rivers.

whereismyfloat

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2009, 08:26:50 AM »

whereismyfloat - We need to do some steely fishing this winter buddy. You've got a 2hander dont ya? or just swing with a single hander

Hey Hook,

I had a comment about "swinging both ways" but I'll save that for the flow. Ya, that would be great. I have never casted a spey rod or a switch rod in my life although if Santa comes through for me I might be set up for the new year. Almost all of my experience is on stillwaters and I've only been fishing the rivers for a couple of years now. But, the plan is to have a set up shortly and get out and learn so I'd be into heading out with you in the new year.

;D

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 06:08:10 PM »

No it looks like $#@%^^ lake:)