Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Christmas dinner?? What is everyone having??  (Read 6372 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Christmas dinner?? What is everyone having??
« on: December 24, 2005, 10:42:14 AM »

Well, I was just sitting here at the computer when I realized that I have to cook Christmas Dinner tonight!!   :o :o  Crap, I totally forgot about that, been worrying to much about all this damn rain!! :(  Anyhow, After spending some time organizing what I'll be cooking, I was wondering what everyone else is having!!  For us it will be Chinook, Sockeye, Coho and Steelhead.  All done up in different marinades and one in wine.  That is my job, I might even have to make a side dish or 2,  But I don't think that was part of the deal!!! ;D  I had an idea about 3 years ago, that maybe we should try something different for Christmas dinner.  So I suggested it to the women, in turn she talked to her mom, and what do you know, I am doing Christmas dinner every year.  The get together keeps getting bigger as well.  I think that there will be 12 people there tonight!! ::) ;D  Know I just hope that I can get all this fish defrosted in time!!
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Christmas dinner?? What is everyone having??
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 10:59:03 AM »

Your a good man Big Steel. Last year I did the turkey dinner, this year my wife will be in charge. ;D ;D

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 11:00:56 AM »

Yeah im cooking a lot of lazyness mixed with some sleeping. the recipe is to go to sleep late and let your parents do the cooking... :) and let your self do the eating :D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2005, 11:07:41 AM »

Yeah im cooking a lot of lazyness mixed with some sleeping. the recipe is to go to sleep late and let your parents do the cooking... :) and let your self do the eating :D
Enjoy that while you can as time passes quickly and before you know it you will be doing the cooking. ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2005, 11:51:29 AM »

We had our family Christmas dinner last night. 18 people and not one Make Belief fan among them ! :D Chris and Terry were invited but they declined. I guess they knew they wouldn't make it out of the house alive wearing those pansy blue jerseys. ;D For appetizers we had shrimp cocktail, cold cuts and cheeses, scallops and bacon and oysters on the half shell. The main entree was turkey and prime rib. Copious amount of wobbly pops, rum and coke, and Spanish coffees were consumed prior, during and after the meal. We then stayed up and played Texas Hold'em and drank more Spanish coffees. Guess what's for dinner the next few nights ? ;D

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2005, 12:35:23 PM »

Hey hey  I'm lucky todays my birthday I get to relax....    ;D ;D ;)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2005, 12:36:47 PM »

Well then, happy birthday Bwi Bwi, I hope that you have a great day!! ;) ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2005, 12:51:12 PM »

Thank you.

sliverbullet

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2005, 01:00:02 PM »

happy b day  ;D and it will be ham for us

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2005, 01:14:14 PM »

Happy birthday BwiBwi..And tonight christmas dinner will be as usual like turkey and sushi ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2005, 01:16:53 PM »

We had our family Christmas dinner last night. 18 people and not one Make Belief fan among them ! :D Chris and Terry were invited but they declined. I guess they knew they wouldn't make it out of the house alive wearing those pansy blue jerseys. ;D For appetizers we had shrimp cocktail, cold cuts and cheeses, scallops and bacon and oysters on the half shell. The main entree was turkey and prime rib. Copious amount of wobbly pops, rum and coke, and Spanish coffees were consumed prior, during and after the meal. We then stayed up and played Texas Hold'em and drank more Spanish coffees. Guess what's for dinner the next few nights ? ;D
You should have invited the Canucks instead as they certainly did not show up at their game anyway last night. I see you just got up, after all those wobbly pops, rum and that big meal which makes it very understandable. ;D ;D

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2005, 01:35:30 PM »

easy there Chris because i am a long time canuck fan and today i am still feeling a little down about last nights game,so down that i  may go jump in the vedder and take sundin and belfore with me,lol.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2005, 03:06:04 PM »

You should have invited the Canucks instead as they certainly did not show up at their game anyway last night. I see you just got up, after all those wobbly pops, rum and that big meal which makes it very understandable. ;D ;D

Unlike a certain members on this board I did not pass out after one wobbly pop  ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2005, 03:12:30 PM »

You couldn't handle more than half a glass?! :o ;D

Bwi Bwi, happy birthday!

We had a huge turkey tonight (it's already after midnight on December 25th here). :)

Steelhead King

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2005, 03:36:17 PM »

Tonight's dinner menu includes  Turkey,stuffings, Ham, salmon, cabbage roll,roasted potato,salad....