Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Petition to restrain Alexandra Morton (gag order request)  (Read 74773 times)

AnnieP

Re: Petition to restrain Alexandra Morton (gag order request)
« Reply #195 on: July 23, 2012, 04:12:39 PM »

Annie or whatever her name is likes to drag everyone else's family member into the discussion because that is her dubious nature. She isn't making any points in my book. I noticed she was not even open about her relationship to Marine harvest on this site till I let the cat out of the bag. You go away non fisher Annie. You go away and not come back. Your only comments end up trying to drag someone through the mud. I don't mind saying that neither. Your like some of the other people on here who comment pro fish farm but never post about anything else. All very biased. Marine harvest employees need assistance program.

By the way if you read my original post I made reference to the fact my husband runs a MHI vessel. How was I not open about my relationship to MHI ? As for you letting the cat out of the bag kitty appears to be called  premature comment.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #196 on: July 23, 2012, 05:22:06 PM »

HERE AF ! QUICK! Sprinkle liberally! ;)

http://

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #197 on: July 23, 2012, 05:44:14 PM »

I've been playing this game for a long time and have learned that when they are stung their only comeback is an insult  because they having nothing else to fall back on.

You were right annie.

I do not think she is a troll.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 05:46:49 PM by aquapaloosa »
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

AnnieP

« Reply #198 on: July 23, 2012, 05:49:17 PM »

You were right annie.

I do not think she is a troll.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

Biggest part of this game is retaining some sense of humour even when the bull is directed at you. Thanks for believing in me !! :) ;) as for Nova bonker -good one back atcha

AnnieP

« Reply #199 on: July 23, 2012, 06:00:32 PM »

Seems to me that Morton is doing what the government and CFIA should be doing, but isn't.......  testing to determine the diseases these feedlots are spreading before it's too late.

http://salmonfarmscience.com/author/salmonfarmscience/  Thank aquaculture for ocean virus knowledge

I've already figured out your response to this one  ;D

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #200 on: July 23, 2012, 06:30:08 PM »

When farming was orginally started in BC there had been  no disease outbreaks or sea lice infestations in Norway to raise concern in other countries

Quote unquote from "Annie". That is the most untrue statement you have come up with yet. What are you trying to do rewrite history. Take your crap some where else.  :P
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #201 on: July 23, 2012, 06:36:25 PM »

Take your crap some where else.  :P

You are welcome to disagree and point out others' mistakes as much as you want, but stop telling others to leave the discussion like you have done twice since last night if you still want to be one of the participants.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #202 on: July 23, 2012, 06:43:05 PM »

sorry Rod :) just couldn't help myself
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #203 on: July 23, 2012, 07:08:19 PM »

when they are stung their only comeback is an insult  because they have nothing else to fall back on.
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

AnnieP

« Reply #204 on: July 23, 2012, 07:59:32 PM »

when they are stung their only comeback is an insult  because they have nothing else to fall back on.

No point telling him fish farming began in Norway in the early 60's and ISA wasn't discovered until approx. 1984 is there ?   ;) Or  that salmon farming began in BC approx 1980.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 08:01:37 PM by AnnieP »

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #205 on: July 23, 2012, 08:26:26 PM »

Lets face it lads the farms are here to stay...  :D
Take the T out of Morton.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #206 on: July 23, 2012, 09:50:47 PM »

Lets face it lads the farms are here to stay...  :D

Welcome back Bassonator.....  I'm not sure what your cohorts are talking about, but your post made sense.

You could be right, but there are a lot of people betting against you.....

Now if somebody could get back to the topic, we can have a discussion, otherwise I'm done beating this one to death.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 09:53:39 PM by alwaysfishn »
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #207 on: July 23, 2012, 11:46:41 PM »

get the pens out of the ocean and on dry land

Pretty good read so far you guys, this is what I'm thinking, long term wise.

As for the quote above, I imagine we all know that this would cost a small fortune, but over time wouldn't it be better for everyone ??

No more coastal shipping costs {lost jobs yes, but that happens in all industries, it's just part of life}.

One would think the trucking expenses would go down dramatically too, considering that the "land farms could be closer to the import/export targets.

The best thing about it is that no-one would have to debate over whether or not the wild fish or the farm fish are to blame when it comes to disease etc etc.

As a commercial fisherman for over 30 yrs I have always wondered why the fish farms never thought of land based plants instead of the ocean, other than the ocean being the O NATURAL place to be and the $$ that they would need to shell out for land based to get started would be huge.

Being a commercial fisherman I have fished for many species. I have Seined salmon and herring,Trawled ground fish, pollack and hake, Longlined halibut, rockfish , and dogfish, as well as Trapped blackcod {sablefish}here in Canada and king/opillio crab in Alaska.

When I was seining sockeye in Johnstone Straits we had one trip where we had caught over 30 pieces of Atlantic Farm Salmon, this was in August 1990's. The next year during the fall chum/dog fishery, also in the Straits, we had another 20 or so {farm fish}come aboard as well with the rest of our catch. We were worried then about what may become of this, I mean there's at least a hundred other boats out there fishing too, how many did they all catch ?? Things start to go through your head like disease, mixing the gene pool, blah blah blah, you get what I mean {sorry, grade 9 education here lollol}. There was worry amongst the fleet back then, and anyone saying different is a damn liar.

Truthfully I will not say I am totally against the fish farms as I know people who are in the industry and some are very good friends of mine.I also understand that the demand for the product {farmed salmon}is huge and it actually speaks for itself in the sales it gets around the world. Some people would go out of their way to eat Farmed Atlantic instead of wild salmon {i think their nuts but oh well :D} It is a huge industry that has a proven product, and hey, where else are your local tackle shops gonna get all that roe they sell ya  ;D ;D ;D That's right, you actually think that it comes from wild chum and chinnook, WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!

IMO, the farming of Atlantic Salmon would be better off being shore based rather than ocean based, it would save the never ending political BS that goes on and on, the wild salmon would be free and clear of any farm worries {if there actually is any}, the farmers would save millions of dollars over time with the cost of trucking and shipping being near non existent compared to now, and best of all is we wouldn't have to listen to the Broughton Hippy talk smack all day every day, she could actually give ol' Paul Watson a call and maybe help him save a whale or two. Hey !! wouldn't they'd look good together ?? ;D

Idunno, that's my take on it.

BTW, I like your style Annie, AF's, not so much  ;)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 12:13:49 AM by Bently »

AnnieP

« Reply #208 on: July 24, 2012, 08:25:24 AM »

Pretty good read so far you guys, this is what I'm thinking, long term wise.

As for the quote above, I imagine we all know that this would cost a small fortune, but over time wouldn't it be better for everyone ??

No more coastal shipping costs {lost jobs yes, but that happens in all industries, it's just part of life}.

One would think the trucking expenses would go down dramatically too, considering that the "land farms could be closer to the import/export targets.

The best thing about it is that no-one would have to debate over whether or not the wild fish or the farm fish are to blame when it comes to disease etc etc.

As a commercial fisherman for over 30 yrs I have always wondered why the fish farms never thought of land based plants instead of the ocean, other than the ocean being the O NATURAL place to be and the $$ that they would need to shell out for land based to get started would be huge.

Being a commercial fisherman I have fished for many species. I have Seined salmon and herring,Trawled ground fish, pollack and hake, Longlined halibut, rockfish , and dogfish, as well as Trapped blackcod {sablefish}here in Canada and king/opillio crab in Alaska.

When I was seining sockeye in Johnstone Straits we had one trip where we had caught over 30 pieces of Atlantic Farm Salmon, this was in August 1990's. The next year during the fall chum/dog fishery, also in the Straits, we had another 20 or so {farm fish}come aboard as well with the rest of our catch. We were worried then about what may become of this, I mean there's at least a hundred other boats out there fishing too, how many did they all catch ?? Things start to go through your head like disease, mixing the gene pool, blah blah blah, you get what I mean {sorry, grade 9 education here lollol}. There was worry amongst the fleet back then, and anyone saying different is a damn liar.

Truthfully I will not say I am totally against the fish farms as I know people who are in the industry and some are very good friends of mine.I also understand that the demand for the product {farmed salmon}is huge and it actually speaks for itself in the sales it gets around the world. Some people would go out of their way to eat Farmed Atlantic instead of wild salmon {i think their nuts but oh well :D} It is a huge industry that has a proven product, and hey, where else are your local tackle shops gonna get all that roe they sell ya  ;D ;D ;D That's right, you actually think that it comes from wild chum and chinnook, WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!

IMO, the farming of Atlantic Salmon would be better off being shore based rather than ocean based, it would save the never ending political BS that goes on and on, the wild salmon would be free and clear of any farm worries {if there actually is any}, the farmers would save millions of dollars over time with the cost of trucking and shipping being near non existent compared to now, and best of all is we wouldn't have to listen to the Broughton Hippy talk smack all day every day, she could actually give ol' Paul Watson a call and maybe help him save a whale or two. Hey !! wouldn't they'd look good together ?? ;D

Idunno, that's my take on it.

BTW, I like your style Annie, AF's, not so much  ;)

Thanks Bentley. Sarcasm and insults go with the turf when your a pro farm supporter. AF isn't half as bad as most of them. ;) As for land based salmon farming. Probably never happen on a large scale. The expense and carbon footprint would just be too high. Personally I wonder what a tank raised fish might taste like and what the flesh would be like. I saw the Washington state on land coho in Save-on last week and frankly I wouldn't buy it in spite of the fact my personal preference even  as a commercial fisher was always for coho. I find sockeye is too strong tasting which is why I'd rather eat farmed Atlantic myself. Closed containment on a grand scale would be extremely expensive to the point you probably wouldn't make a profit which is what business is all about. Even us commercial fishers had to turn a profit or it was no longer feasible. I'm sure as soon as huge on land salmon farms appeared some other activist would rise up and cry about fossil fuels etc probably Morton would just don yet another cap . Even on Salmon are Sacred recently Anissa Reid apparently said she was against salmon farming on land or the sea and she is Morton's right hand man so you can see Morton no doubt speaks with forked tongue when she originally praised on land salmon farming. The carbon footprint would be huge and the farms would be on valuable waterfront property to be close to water source. Pumps would have to run 24/7 and noise could become a factor along with the use of countless barrels of diesel to run the pumps non stop. Air pollution and noise pollution would become the new debate. Not all it's cracked up to be when you look at it in a different light. But the truth is FF are here to stay  and the industry is growing world wide both on land and in the sea. One billion people go hungry every day in the world and aquaculture is considered to be the means of ending world hunger. By 2050 we could all be going hungry without it when the world population reaches 9 billion. Even this year in the US there are huge crop failures due to drought. The world has changed immensely from when I was a child in the fifties and not all of the change has been for the better. As for Paul Watson and Morton together I think I agree with you ;)

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #209 on: July 24, 2012, 09:23:21 AM »

As far as land based fish farms one question I have is where does the waste water go, I mean lets face it youre running one huge aquarium now and water has to be changed.
Take the T out of Morton.