Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Upper Lillooet River  (Read 6606 times)

timbo

Upper Lillooet River
« on: November 10, 2005, 04:03:12 PM »

Hey everyone,

Heading up to a "sercert spot" for a little skinny dipping and camping and was wondering if anyone knew what the fishing was like on this system. Are there any Salmon at this time of year or is it just Trout or nothing.
Really appreciate your feedback and help.

Tim

Ps this site is really great...thanks everyone for your tips and reports.

wagz

• Can"t get enough!!
Re: Upper Lillooet River
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 04:27:28 PM »

Those hotsprings are nice!

Getting late for salmon, still some coho, and lots of dollies around. You might even find a cutty or two.

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 04:34:57 PM »

I believe upper Lillooet is closed to salmon fishing. But Sloquet should be beautiful for a dip at this time of year.

nigglesworth

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 05:28:31 PM »

I have been up there lots as well.....   and magical place to say the least.....   I haven't done much fishing up there though.  Open to suggestions.  I have fished a few of the tributaries that feed into lillooet lake and they can produce!!!  But never had much luck further up.

Also, is there snow on the ground up there yet?  want to go when my girlfriend gets back, but not sure if the old van will make it if the snow is in?

Has anyone been to meager creek since the bridge washed out?????????  I have a canoe and was thinking of trekking across the river....  would probably have the place to my self?!  Just wondering if anyone has tried that?

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 08:57:12 PM »

Meager might be open next summer. Currently the bridge is still out.

timbo

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 09:14:18 AM »

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your post and suggestions. It turns out that we were actually on the lower Lillooet river and yes the fishing was excellent. I was fishing a back channel by a creek and every 5 casts or so was getting a bite. I hooked about 10 and landed 6 all in the range of 16" - 20" in a 2 hour period. I believe they were dollies.
All in all a fantastic weekend, great skinny dippin, good people, excellent fishing and I got engaged.

Tim